News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

We're Number One! Er...uh...Two!!

Started by fyv0h, September 15, 2011, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 16, 2011, 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: Whitney on September 16, 2011, 02:09:40 PM
What confuses me is why are the Republicans supporting Tea Party candidates when it is well known that the majority of Americans don't like the tea party?  It's like they want to lose...
I'm guessing it's probably because they're thick. If they were a little bit smarter they'd realise that.

They're probably not thick, more likely cynical and calculating.
The Tea party would probably motivate those that have been "ignored for too long" to vote. 
The mainstream Republicans could gain the votes but can deny responsibility for the crazier elements of their party, everybody has a crazy uncle don't they?

Tank

What confuses me is why are the Republicans supporting Tea Party candidates when it is well known that the majority of Americans don't like the tea party?  It's like they want to lose...
I'm guessing it's probably because they're thick. If they were a little bit smarter they'd realise that.
If they were a little bit smarter they wouldn't be republicans, if they were a whole lot smarter they wouldn't be in the Tea Party.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Tank on September 17, 2011, 03:05:49 PM
If they were a little bit smarter they wouldn't be republicans, if they were a whole lot smarter they wouldn't be in the Tea Party.
Too true. It's a bit of an insult to our simian cousins, but this picture sums up the Tea Party for me;

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 17, 2011, 01:37:06 AM
Quote from: fyv0h on September 17, 2011, 01:34:02 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 17, 2011, 01:27:48 AM
Whatever, i'm moving to a less crazy religious country in the next five years anyway. >__>

*sigh* someday I shall do the same. Somewhere less religious and with a better variety of beer.

Sounds good!  :D

Come to Canada! We have both!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Too Few Lions

or the UK. plenty of atheists and heaps of wonderful beer over here. Just remember to bring an umbrella and leave your sunglasses behind!

fyv0h

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 20, 2011, 04:59:23 PM
or the UK. plenty of atheists and heaps of wonderful beer over here. Just remember to bring an umbrella and leave your sunglasses behind!

I'd LOVE to move across the pond. If nothing more than for the sightseeing. And we all know no one does beer like you guys!
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Too Few Lions

we do make the best beer  :D and there are lots of beautiful places to visit, it's just a shame the climate's so grim! The good beer and bad climate do mean there are an awful lot of people with a drink problem in the country. There's not a lot else to do but get pissed in pubs, but thankfully we do have lots of very nice old ones!

Guardian85

Quote from: fyv0h on September 21, 2011, 01:31:19 AM

I'd LOVE to move across the pond. If nothing more than for the sightseeing. And we all know no one does beer like you guys!

Or you could come to Norway! Long and old beer brewing traditions, and despite having a national church 80% of the people are for all intents and purpouses atheists.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

Quote from: Guardian85 on September 21, 2011, 06:39:10 PM
Or you could come to Norway! Long and old beer brewing traditions, and despite having a national church 80% of the people are for all intents and purpouses atheists.

Been there, done that, got the (very expensive) T-shirt (and frigging, outrageously, expensive Norwegian beer ;)).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

fyv0h

When I win the lottery and decide to carelessly blow the winnings in any way I see fit, I shall frolic all across Europe.
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Too Few Lions

Quote from: fyv0h on September 22, 2011, 01:58:28 AM

When I win the lottery and decide to carelessly blow the winnings in any way I see fit, I shall frolic all across Europe.
that's exactly how I intend to spend 2012  :D sell my flat, buy a campervan and spend a year touring Europe, it's a great continent.

Ransom

And terrorists.
The law of the jungle says
You look after yourself
But I remember this much
I love as I've been loved myself.

Tank

Quote from: Ransom on November 24, 2011, 03:02:13 PM

And terrorist.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 24, 2011, 03:11:50 PM
Quote from: Ransom on November 24, 2011, 03:02:13 PM

And terrorist.

He is in jail too. Bush spent two terms trying to catch Osama and then the black guy just kinda'... Made that happen. WE caught our terrorist on day one  ;D

(Comparison not to be taken seriously)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

And wasn't he a right wing Christian? Exactly the sort of person who would appretiate Ron Paul?