News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Three Cheers for the Department of Energy

Started by Recusant, December 14, 2016, 03:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Trump's transition team sent the Department of Energy a questionnaire that included requests for the names of employees who've worked on climate change. Now the department has responded by refusing to comply with that request. Good on them.

Of course, Trump isn't going to be stymied that easily. Reportedly he's picked the dingaling Rick Perry to head the department. Perry wanted to completely eliminate the Department of Energy, though he had trouble remembering its name. This fits with a pattern in Trump's picks, many of which are ideologically opposed to the very departments they've been chosen to lead.  :-\
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

More and more this situation parallels dystopian alternative/science-fiction novels with self-serving plutocrats in power. Placemen, loyalty tests . . .

The effective privatisation of the police and armed forces, one coponent of such novels,  may be going too far but I would not dismiss it entirely.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

And EPA and and and Trumpians on the Supreme court,
but if it wasn't to be Burney it might as well be Trump.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.