News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

introductions

Started by merx, June 19, 2016, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merx

Hi everyone from Estonia! I like read books,listen to music and walk in nature.I like humour,i think that it`s the most important thing in life,the same important like a friendship,love and freedom. :)

Tank

Hello!

I think you are our first Estonian member. Your English is perfect! I take it it's your second language?

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

merx

Thank you for compliment,i am very glad to hear it. :)

Tank

Quote from: merx on June 19, 2016, 09:35:46 AM
Thank you for compliment,i am very glad to hear it. :)
You're welcome. So what brings you to this little corner of then internet?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, merx. I'm glad you found this place. Take a look around, and don't hesitate to ask any questions that come to mind.

Some threads you might find interesting:

Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler

. . . And of course, the Forum Rules.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.   :welcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Estonia. One of those countries I have absolutely nothing against. (Yes, it is a bit rare)

In fact, I'm going to Pärnu to sort-of-visit some sort-of-distant family later this year.

... So yeah. Welcome and stuff.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Greetings and welcome, merx.  I hope you enjoy it here.  Is there any particular meaning to the name?

Tom62

Welcome to HAF, merx. I visited Tallinn in 2005 as part of a Baltic cruise. Loved that place and hope to be back there soon.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Firebird

Welcome Merx!  How did you find us?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

Welcome Merx.

I am pleased that you have found us. The Baltic nations and its people are interesting. I have a dear  friend who lives in Kaunas Lithuania. I am learning about his home and his culture which may be similar to yours.  Dive into the forum, we are happy and friendly people who care for one another. We can exchange information about all sorts of things including details about our different cultures.

merx

I thank you all of this lovely reception. :)When i saw these two words-"happy" and "atheist" then i realized that it`s something for me.I realized that i am atheist when i was forteen or fifteen year old.Now i can say that i am happy because i am free from any religioon,i have my own opinion of this world.My home language is estonian, i have never study english in school or somewhere else,so i am sorry when i make some kinds mistakes.

merx

Quote from: Asmodean on June 19, 2016, 04:19:16 PM
Estonia. One of those countries I have absolutely nothing against. (Yes, it is a bit rare)

In fact, I'm going to Pärnu to sort-of-visit some sort-of-distant family later this year.

... So yeah. Welcome and stuff.
Pärnu is our capital City of summer,so you are welcome here. :)

Tank

Quote from: merx on June 20, 2016, 07:53:37 AM
I thank you all of this lovely reception. :)When i saw these two words-"happy" and "atheist" then i realized that it`s something for me.I realized that i am atheist when i was forteen or fifteen year old.Now i can say that i am happy because i am free from any religioon,i have my own opinion of this world.My home language is estonian, i have never study english in school or somewhere else,so i am sorry when i make some kinds mistakes.
Would you like us to comment/critique your English? It's perfectly understandable so there is no need unless you want to tidy up some rough edges.

Are you unusual in your atheist outlook in Estonia? In the UK it's not really an issue. If fact evangelical theists are viewed as 'odd' even by mainstream theists. In some parts of the US it is very mush an issue. I'm in the UK so atheism vs theism very rarely raises it's head as far as Christianity is concerned. It's a bit more of an issue with regard to Islam as there is a minority of Muslims that do actively attempt to promote Sharia.

Tank

I do believe that your nearest physical member lives in St Petersburg  ;D