News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

thread subscriptions

Started by Perillux, July 12, 2008, 10:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perillux

If this forum already has this feature then I apologize but I cannot find it, so let me know how.

A lot of other forums have this.  Basically it allows you to sort of 'bookmark' threads.  So there would be a button at the top of each thread that will allow you to subscribe to the thread by clicking it.
There are different settings though, like you can set it to send you an email anytime someone replies to a 'subscribed thread' if you want.
You can also set it to automatically subscribe to all threads you post on, or just threads you start, or neither.

Then there would be a view subscribed threads button at the top so you can easily view all of them and/or remove them.

It's kinda similar to the "View your posts" button we already have, but you can also add other posts to the list even if you haven't posted on it.  Plus some notification features, and if there are new posts on that thread they show up in bold in your list.

Here's one forum that uses it, but there are more:
http://www.physicsforums.com/
"The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers."
--The Elegant Universe, Brian Greene

Whitney

Scroll down to the bottom of your screen  :D

Asmodean

Here's a little show 'n tell  :D

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Perillux

oh very nice!
Good forum we have here then  :)
"The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers."
--The Elegant Universe, Brian Greene

McQ

Quote from: "Perillux"oh very nice!
Good forum we have here then  :)

We like to think so. Feel free to post an intro. about yourself in the Introductions thread as well. Always nice to get to know new members.

And welcome!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Heck, I never noticed that.    :shock:   I will definitely be using that feature in the near future.