News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Because, You Know . . .

Started by Recusant, May 15, 2019, 05:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Discriminating against those horrible gays is the central tenet of Christianity.

"Anti-LGBTQ Group Director: The Equality Act Should Be Called the 'Death to Christianity Act'" | Right Wing Watch

QuoteMichelle Cretella, the executive director of an anti-LGBTQ pseudo-science organization, said that the Equality Act should actually be called the "Death to Christianity Act."

May 10 episode of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, guest host Sarah Perry, FRC Action's Director of Partnerships, and Cretella, executive director of the American College of Pediatricians (a right-wing group not to be confused with the professional organization, American Academy of Pediatrics), shared their opposition to the Equality Act, which would seek to add protections for sexual orientation and gender identity into existing anti-discrimination laws. The duo claimed that the proposed legislation would take children who believe they may be transgender and force doctors to "do harm to these kids."

"I think it's really super important for all listeners to realize this law, if it passes, if this bill becomes law, it impacts everyone. And a better name for it is the 'Death to Christianity Act.' OK? That's going to be the umbrella. ... Christianity, it will cease to be publicly practiced. It'll become against the law," Cretella said.

[Continues . . .]

Of course, "Trump Now Opposes LGBT Equality Act" | New Civil Rights Movement.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

It's a shame on many levels that so many Christians see their own faith in this context.  The faith survived actual persecution in its early days, but now is going to be destroyed by a law granting equality to gays??  Ridiculous.  These people have totally lost their way.

xSilverPhinx

Many if not most Western societies have evolved to see people of the LGBTQ community as having equal rights but some Christians have yet to catch up. They are, erm...delayed, to put it nicely. 

As for Trump, there is another word with basically the same meaning which would better describe his mental capacities, but I won't say it here.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 15, 2019, 08:21:24 PM
Many if not most Western societies have evolved to see people of the LGBTQ community as having equal rights but some Christians have yet to catch up. They are, erm...delayed, to put it nicely. 

As for Trump, there is another word with basically the same meaning which would better describe his mental capacities, but I won't say it here.

Deranged, demented, deformed?

I spent my early childhood among such Xtians, so I kind of understand where they're coming from.  When you think a requirement of your religion is to be bigoted against a certain group at all times and under all circumstances, having a law passed that makes it illegal to act on your bigotry under certain circumstances would seem like a law banning your religion itself.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Essie Mae

Using religion to curtail the basic freedoms of fellow human beings  is beyond despicable. I despair of America.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dark Lightning

...because it insults the people in that category, no matter the category!

Magdalena

Hmmmm...... :thoughtful:
Trump's mental capacities?  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

^ Did you guys see what comes after L?  :snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Ha!  He doesn't know his ABCs .