News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Five Elements -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, June 11, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Congratulations to hermes2015 on winning this edition of the photo challenge with his "Fire" themed photo #15!  Thank you to all who voted, and another round of thanks to those who submitted entries (especially Guardian85, whose sea/landscapes are splendidly evocative; I hope you will continue to be one of the usual suspects in these challenges).  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Thanks for hosting Recusant.

It was nice to not take part fora change so I just had to vote :)

Well done Heremes!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Congrats, Hermes!  :clapping: And to everyone else too, good theme, good photos. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Yes, well done, Hermes!

Be interested to see your subject choice.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Thank you everyone. Here is some background information on the photos:

3. Aether (Houghton, Johannesburg)
7. Air (Table Mountain, Cape Town)
11. Earth (Cape Town)
15. Fire (my kitchen)
19. Water (Le Victoria Beachcomber Resort, Mauritius)

All were taken with a Nikon D600.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Guardian85

5 and 17 are pictures of the lake behind the school where I got my wheel loader licence this spring. Took those pictures just as the ice was melting off the lake.
Picture nr 9 is this place https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kjeungskj%C3%A6r_Lighthouse. Taken at about 15:00 in early December.
13 is the Andenes Lighthouse (in my original hometown)under the midnight sun. Fun fact: I used to give guided tours of the tower when I worked for tourist information.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-