News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hi from scared Holubice

Started by Holubice, April 06, 2011, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holubice

Are there a mathematician, a physician and a biologist in this forum?

Maria

Quote from: "Holubice"
Quote from: "Maria"
Quote from: "Holubice"...I once joined a Christian forum, about 2 years ago. I think it was called ilovejesus or something like that. I didn't last long. It was probably the worst experience I ever had on the internet. Those fine upstanding, god-fearing Christians reduced me to tears at one time. I was called every name under the sun... 'bitch', 'whore', 'slut',' etc.... If you tone down your attitude we will respond positively. It's up to you....
I'm not responsible for the behaviour of those forums.
Straw man. I never said you were responsible. You used ellipsis to distort my meaning, leaving out several sentences. This is a typical apologist's trick. I thought my point was clear: theists are treated far better in atheist forums than vice-versa. Despite your attitude, we still treat you with more civility than we are treated on Christian forums. The fact that you haven't been banned yet proves my point. It could be even better. It's up to you.
Quote from: "Holubice"You know I'm typing from Europe, how I could?
And I'm typing from the UK, which is also part of Europe. So what? The internet has a global reach. Doesn't matter if you're typing from Papua New Guinea.
Quote from: "Holubice"As it's so important to explain my experience to as many persons is possible, I have even created my own forum (I think I can not write it's name here in a public manner as you could consider it spamming). From time to time I realise there are more and more persons which had the same experience and they have spent the rest of their life to tell their stories to sceptical people. The same I do. Please pay attention to my texts.
Oh, we're all paying attention, including the moderators. I suggest you pay attention to them.

Maria

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Maria"
Quote from: "Tank"I has an ASBO  :D
Looks like Holubice just got an ASBO.
I've almost been here a year now and it's fun watching some sort lived members commit suicide by Mod!
Yes, I've come across quite of few of them on other atheist forums. I think Holubice may be in the Top 10 (or bottom 10, depends on how one looks at it). I hope he doesn't get banned. He could provide us with months of entertainment.
btw every time I see that acronym 'ASBO' reminds me of Tony Blair.

Tank

Quote from: "Maria"btw every time I see that acronym 'ASBO' reminds me of Tony Blair.
Now you mention it it reminds me of the Blair years.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: "DeterminedJuliet"
Quote from: "Holubice"Also proving that life on Earth without God is just a stupidity.
yeeeaaaahh, see. This is the sort of thing that keeps Atheists from being "friendly". I would not go into a Christian forum, tell them that believing in God is stupid, and expect to be welcomed with open arms. You are doing the same thing here, sir.
I have a forum like that (as I wrote upon...). You can write it down there if you want, and I will respond to you. The so called freedom to speech, without any prejudice towards atheist or believers. I grant it there, till you don't cause the police to surround my house....

I know there might be a language barrier, but you are consistently mis-reading what people say. I didn't say anything about "rules" I was talking about the "friendliness" of a forum. You were complaining that atheists weren't "friendly" and I pointed out that I wouldn't go to a Christian forum, tell them God was stupid, and then complain that they weren't "friendly" towards me.

Honestly, I don't see the point in you talking to a physicist, biologist and mathematician if you are skewing and mis-reading some pretty basic arguments that the rest of us are presenting to you.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Maria

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Maria"btw every time I see that acronym 'ASBO' reminds me of Tony Blair.
Now you mention it it reminds me of the Blair years.
I was about 10-12 when ASBO's were introduced. When I used to hang around with other kids in the street it seems like everyone and his uncle talked about ASBO's. It was a long time before I knew what they actually were.
I'm getting way off topic here... or I would if there actually was a topic. Over to you Holubice.

McQ

Quote from: "Whitney"Note that juvenile comments such as informing a user that they are being ignored simply because they were explaining the rules to you is flirting with a civility rule violation again...if you don't want to respond to a user in the future simply quit doing so and leave the drama out of it.
I have just informed Tank that he has not to expect any answer from his post as I have added him to my ignore list. As long as I know, this is the best way to avoid mess, . When I told you I want to discuss in a civil manner and to respect the rules of this forum I was true. You have some rules and I will respect them. I will just write contents and opinions you disagree, but you, in your rules, you have said it isn't forbidden.  

Putting people on ignore won't help you. You have avoided serious questions put to you, and you have ignored my directives to comply with forum rules. You have also not responded to me that you acknowledge my directives to you. If you post once more before acknowledging that you have read, understood, and will comply with my directives, you will be either banned outright, or put in the restricted group.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "Holubice"Are there a mathematician, a physician and a biologist in this forum?

For the record...yes there are. But I wouldn't expect them to take time to respond at this point.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: "McQ"If you post once more before acknowledging that you have read, understood, and will comply with my directives, you will be either banned outright, or put in the restricted group.

I guess he preferred to vanish  :raised:
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: "DeterminedJuliet"
Quote from: "McQ"If you post once more before acknowledging that you have read, understood, and will comply with my directives, you will be either banned outright, or put in the restricted group.

I guess he preferred to vanish  :raised:
I think he'll come back, martyrdom is heady attractant!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Quote from: "Tank"I think he'll come back, martyrdom is heady attractant!

If I ever understand why that is the case for so many people I think I should be committed.

Maria

Just out of curiosity I Google results I noticed that 'our' Holubice has a profile in another atheist forum. He's posted there 30 times, last one yesterday. Looks like he's abandoned us.
Such a shame :verysad:

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Maria"Just out of curiosity I Google results I noticed that 'our' Holubice has a profile in another atheist forum. He's posted there 30 times, last one yesterday. Looks like he's abandoned us.
Such a shame :verysad:

It happens every time: you think they're gone and you're safe, and then, out of nowhere...

-Curio

Holubice

Quote from: "Maria"Just out of curiosity I Google results I noticed that 'our' Holubice has a profile in another atheist forum. He's posted there 30 times, last one yesterday. Looks like he's abandoned us. Such a shame :verysad:
I have an 'Holubice' user in several atheist forums, in all the languages that I know, and there is a real good reason as I opened them, a reason related to my near death experience. 'Holubice' is a Czech word and it means 'Dove'. There is also a Czech movie named 'Holubice' filmed in the communist era and also a small village near Brno (the second largest city in Czech Republic). I used this language as few people want to deal with 'doves' in a atheist forum and, as few persons speak Czech language, this is, somehow, a subliminal message... And I know quite well Czech Republic and Czech language as I spent several holidays in Prague and in Brno as I had several sex tours (*) with my friends there as, before my N.D.E. I used to fornicate as much as I could. So you are speaking with a strange Christian Dove, a penitent Dove with an unmentionable past.  

(*)
I had those tours when I was about 20 years old, and I had intercourses just with girls as old as me, or just few years younger

Stevil

Glad to see you are still around Holubice. Looking forward to seeing you hit the 50 mark.

BTW, hard to take a person seriously when they say words like "fornicate"
Gives me visions of a slapstick tv show with a somewhat uptight old priest like character.
Something like the Blackadder episode with the turnip that looks like a thingy.