News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Buddy the needle thing is a psychosomatic hang up.   The damned needle is no more injurious and perhaps less painful than when you cut your finger while peeling carrots........or when you stub your toe or when you have PM cramps. (that is if you are not actually pregnant  :o ) So get over the needle bit.  The needle prick is only a small inconvenience and only a mild pain thsat subsides in minutes or less.

All that said, I do not actually enjoy being stuck with s needle by some phlebotomist that may or may not be good at what  he or she does.

Dave

Feel for you, Buddy - bloody doctors getting notes wrong. And their torture instruments!

Had minimum of two needles per day of my recent stay, my arms are a mass of bruises.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

My damn sister! All she brings is problem after problem and I'm sick of it!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2018, 08:25:17 PM

Do what I do. Don't talk to her!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 12, 2018, 09:04:23 PM

I don't talk to her anymore, but my mother does, and I see what the ungrateful parasite does to her. My sister is on the path to self-destruction, and doesn't give a shit about who she affects on the downward spiral towards rock bottom!

jumbojak

I waited for seven hours at work for the power to come back on. Then, right after they told me to leave, the power came back on... do I was stuck short staffed with an angry mob waiting to get in. Very frustrating.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on October 13, 2018, 03:15:18 AM
I waited for seven hours at work for the power to come back on. Then, right after they told me to leave, the power came back on... do I was stuck short staffed with an angry mob waiting to get in. Very frustrating.

Sounds like an episode of The Walking Dead :zombie:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

I don't talk to her anymore, but my mother does, and I see what the ungrateful parasite does to her. My sister is on the path to self-destruction, and doesn't give a shit about who she affects on the downward spiral towards rock bottom!

Some people just can't cope with this world.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2018, 07:54:20 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on October 13, 2018, 03:15:18 AM

Sounds like an episode of The Walking Dead :zombie:

I only watched oNE episode of the show but that's pretty close to what I remember. People stumbling in chanting, "Fooooood.... foooooooooooooooood...."

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

The ATM at the branch I work at has been down for two days so people are coming in mad about that and I just had some douchebag start screaming at me because I had the audacity to ask for ID for a withdraw. I usually pride myself on having a thick skin when it comes to that but I just can't do that today.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Bluenose

Quote from: Buddy on October 13, 2018, 03:33:16 PM
The ATM at the branch I work at has been down for two days so people are coming in mad about that and I just had some douchebag start screaming at me because I had the audacity to ask for ID for a withdraw. I usually pride myself on having a thick skin when it comes to that but I just can't do that today.

I know that you can't do it, but don't you just want to slap some people at times?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Buddy let it comfort you in the knowledge that there are almost as many assholes as there are asses.  I do have some sympathy for your plight as arbiter of reason insofar as banking goes.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2018, 07:55:26 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2018, 10:33:29 PM

Some people just can't cope with this world.

Yes, and she just can't seem to get her act together no matter how much love and support she gets from the only stable rock in her life -- her family. It's all very sad. I know she has little to no control over her substance abuse issues and irritatingly aggressive behaviour but that doesn't mean that we have to just shut up and accept that shit from her.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on October 13, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

Aren't there laws against that sort of thing in the US? :notsure: Around here if you treat an employee like that you can get fined and up to a couple of years in prison, as far as I know. That jerk definitely deserves a big fat fine to make his wallet a little thinner.

No one

Ah young Padawan, it's only against the law if you get caught.