News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 08:46:30 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 08:35:56 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 08:23:34 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 07:14:31 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2020, 07:06:09 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 30, 2020, 06:42:12 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 30, 2020, 05:12:00 AM
I would love to go out into the deserted streets to take some surreal photos in spired by Giorgio de Chirico, but unfortunately it's forbidden to leave one's home. Only trips to banks, hospitals, and food shops are allowed. Anyway, I am planning to live like a hermit for at least another 10 days.

Bit of a shame to let the opportunity go to waste, isn't it?

I know! It's soooo tempting!!!  >:(

Yes it is, but I'll be a good citizen for once and obey the law. There are roadblocks everywhere and people are getting arrested.

*facepalm* and where are they putting those arrested?

No, from what I've heard, spot fines, not jail.

"Hand over the virus coated money!"

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I wonder if you could get away with a homemade "press pass" telling authorities you are a journalist?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on March 30, 2020, 01:51:07 PM
I wonder if you could get away with a homemade "press pass" telling authorities you are a journalist?

It won't work: everyone will know my face from all those "Wanted" posters.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

wow.

my life has not changed.

im still awake at the alarm at 0300, getting my daily dispatch at 0400, then pretripping the truck and hauling water.

i dont get close to more than ten or fifteen people in a given 24-hour day. that hasnt changed. we re all cleaning surfacez and standing farther apart, but thats it.

these accounts of the larger world are like hearing from another planet. when this hits my world the shock will be profound.

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

took a walk yesterday afternoon

this is th elow road to west between my house and town, about a thousand feet from my kitchen porch

that's ygmir in the pool

atually the road is about thirty feet off to the right, off camera

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

^Those are gorgeous photos, especially the first and third one.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

hermes2015

Interesting photos. I was thinking of trying some monochrome effects as well, as in the second one.
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

No one

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

hermes2015

― Charles Eames