News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

This coronavirus outbreak is just a well elaborated April Fool's joke

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 30, 2020, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

WHO decided it was a good idea to simulate a zombie disaster movie just in case the real thing ever happened, so they made up this whole coronavirus thing up to prepare people all over the world. I expect on April 1st, just two days from today, they will release a statement saying it's ok to poke our noses out and leave the safety of our homes. It was all just a prank. WHO let the bugs out. Trophies will be handed out to the countries with the best anti-zombie policies while participation trophies will be given to the rest. We'll all just let out a collective sigh of relief as the sun rises on April 2nd.

There will be a few lessons to be learned from this experience:

- People need a better sense of personal hygiene. Polls have been pointing out that people do not, in fact, know how to wash their hands properly and the government and media outlets have to step in more often to teach people how it's done.

- In every disaster movie there is always a scientist that's wholly ignored by the authorities until it's too late. Don't ignore the scientists. It's not always nice to say, 'I told you so'.

- The fake news epidemic can be extremely damaging. Unless of course it's about certain presidents who have died from pulmonary-related infections after taking selfies with their small crowd of supporters, in which case a lot of people will find momentary relief from stress.

- Preserving human life is more important than trying to keep the economy from failing during a massive crisis, especially if a considerable amount of people who keep the economy running die. If governments are worried about national incomes during the crisis, doling out huge fines to people out on the streets for no good reason will guarantee some money flowing into the treasury.

- Social distancing and isolation are the best tactics to combat a contagious virus outbreak, especially since we lack immunity to this new virus, do not yet have scientifically-approved medication or vaccines that are effective against this virus and most if not all health systems are unable to cope with huge amounts of people getting sick at the same time.

Of course, there are many, many more, but for now I will point these main points out. WHO will probably let the world take a retest later (calling it a 'second wave') as so many countries, regions, cities are failing at handling this pandemic adequately.

Stay safe and stay at home.  :love: :grouphug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey