News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

spring is coming

Started by billy rubin, January 22, 2020, 05:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I suspect that our Harmonie is a displaced Eskimo.  She like...needs....cold weather. 

Whassup with you damned Yankee types?  Pleasurable sensations while freezing is not understood by we semi tropical types. 

Oh well, to each his own.

Buddy also complains about the heat of latter day springtimes. 

Buddy

Quote from: Icarus on March 29, 2020, 02:16:37 AM
I suspect that our Harmonie is a displaced Eskimo.  She like...needs....cold weather. 

Whassup with you damned Yankee types?  Pleasurable sensations while freezing is not understood by we semi tropical types. 

Oh well, to each his own.

Buddy also complains about the heat of latter day springtimes.

I might complain about it, but I'll take heat over cold any day.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Clocks sprang forward in the UK last night.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

thunder and lightning. tree frogs and chorus frogs88are going nuts. no toads yet

i stay out of thewell pads when theres lightning so im not as efficient as otherwise

too much rizk of explosions and lots of conductive metal everywhere

the low roadsto the house are under water. luckily there are thrree ways in, so i just have to pick the right road else i have to backtrack

set the function, not the mechanism.

Harmonie

Quote from: Icarus on March 29, 2020, 02:16:37 AM

More like I just want Winter to be Winter and Spring to be Spring. Instead I end up with 60s and 70s in the winter, and thus there's really nowhere for Spring to go except for hot.

I mean, we couldn't even leave March without hitting 94. Late March should be like highs in the upper 40s and 50s, with a day in the 60s or two at the absolute warmest. Instead it's sunny, hot days. The bugs are already out in full force. Was scared to let my dog out the other day because there was a wasp hanging around the back door. Jesus Christ. Can't Spring be nice for even five seconds before all of the bad stuff comes back?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

billy rubin

speaking of bugs, i pick up my four packages of bees in three weeks. its still on, so faraz i know. these will be coming from georgia

got to set them up close to the house to keep an eye on them

billy rubin

first toads tonight

finally

the bufo americanus are trilling, down in the creek a thousand feet below the house, with a solid chorus of hyla alongside

rana pipiens and hyla chrysocelis next in line

if the virus is going to kill me, i hope it does in the spring. no more wonderful time to die than this.