News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Second blood tests went in right direction - less of the nasty protein stuff in the blood than in the first.

They threw me out in the wind and rain . . . But I only had to wait ten minutes for a bus to town. Where I treated myself to egg, bacon and chips.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2018, 01:08:29 PM
Second blood tests went in right direction - less of the nasty protein stuff in the blood than in the first.

They threw me out in the wind and rain . . . But I only had to wait ten minutes for a bus to town. Where I treated myself to egg, bacon and chips.

Good news! Glad you're OK.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Alright Dave, once you get that breakfast down I want you back in the attic. Pronto!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 22, 2018, 01:24:34 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

Good news! Glad you're OK.

Thanks again, Hermes.

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2018, 01:41:14 PM
Alright Dave, once you get that breakfast down I want you back in the attic. Pronto!

Can I have a cuppa and deal with my neighbour/snailmail/email/posts first please, JJ?

xSilverPhinx

That was quite a scare, Dave! Glad it turned out ok!

(admit it, you just wanted to ride in the ambulance, didn't you? :grin: :P ;) )

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2018, 01:44:03 PM

Can I have a cuppa and deal with my neighbour/snailmail/email/posts first please, JJ?

Couple what?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2018, 02:31:40 PM

Couple what?

:lol:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 22, 2018, 02:31:40 PM

Couple what?

Tsk, forgot you speak American . . .

'Cuppa' or 'cupper' = 'cup of (usually) tea"

Mint infusion in my case.

Dark Lightning

Dave

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 22, 2018, 03:23:12 PM
Yike. Do keep us posted!

Feeling A3 now thanks, DL, (haven't been A1 for 20 years) just a tad tired after a long night, but feeling fit and safe enough to do light jobs in workshop.

But was not going to take any chances last night.

Velma

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2018, 03:34:42 PM
Yike. Do keep us posted!

Feeling A3 now thanks, DL, (haven't been A1 for 20 years) just a tad tired after a long night, but feeling fit and safe enough to do light jobs in workshop.

Glad you are at home and feeling better. Don't overdo it in the workshop!  :foottap:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on September 22, 2018, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2018, 03:34:42 PM
Yike. Do keep us posted!

Glad you are at home and feeling better. Don't overdo it in the workshop!  :foottap:

No, nursie!

Thinking back on it after diversionary occupational therapy and a long, meditative, soak in the tub.

Started about 3.30am. I had gone to the loo and could not get back to sleep - a common thing for me. So I went online on the forum see what you lot were up to. As often, with nothing practical to occupy it my excuse for a brain went into pseudo-intellectual mode. . Felt perfectly OK, nothing to really bother me - until a sort of tension in my abdomen and a, "I don't like this" feeling. Looking back it may have been a random anxiety attack, I had them after the shocks from my ICD. Then it was full blown flight or fight, so I 'fought' (can't fly far in a smallish room), shadow boxing on the spot, but with leg work and ducking and diving, whilst reciting the whole of my cursing vocabulary, in creative combibations, until I felt knackered.

The symptoms can be confused with those of heart problems and, inevitably, they interact, can create 'positive feedback' as each 'feeds' the other. My blood pressure was going from <90 to > 120 and back over shortish periods. Previously it had hit >150 from ~80 and I felt both high fear and anger.

I have not had a full blown anxiety attack for several years now, but that does not mean they have gone away. It may have just been a randon thing - hope so. But I will learn from this experience, as I did previously.

Then, perhaps I had been suffering from delayed banana withdrawal. The last thing I eat every day, about 8.30pm, is part two of my daily fruit ration - the banana. Since I had had a large glass of vino and half an olive loaf during the evening I had left out those extra calories. Oh, woe. I will have my fix tonight for sure!

xSilverPhinx

Now it's only a week until my class. To say that I'm nervous is an understatement.

(You're all probably sick and tired of me rambling on and on about the classes but it's almost constantly on my mind! :P It'll be over soon, I promise, then I'll find something else to ramble on about.)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 25, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
Now it's only a week until my class. To say that I'm nervous is an understatement.

(You're all probably sick and tired of me rambling on and on about the classes but it's almost constantly on my mind! :P It'll be over soon, I promise, then I'll find something else to ramble on about.)

Well, it's good to talk about things like this, Silver, and few places better, and safer perhaps, than here - most if us (especially the vintage and veteran ones) have been there!

On 'tother hand - you know that if you talk yourself round in circles on the same points too often you can set up an emotional whirlpool and disappear down the hole in the middle.

Try to take a break and do something very different.