News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Is Christianity Terrorism?

Started by MatureMcLeod, July 23, 2016, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatureMcLeod

In the bible, it talks about God creating evil (Isaiah 45:7), the Old Testament still applying today (Matthew 5:17-19), kind words and morals are like "dirty rags"  and "unclean things" (Isaiah 64:6), killing good and evil people (Ezekiel 21:3-5), dancing naked in public and making others childless for criticizing it (2 Samuel 6:14-23), making old men speechless for asking a question (Luke 1:18-20), God rewarding liars and killing people for believing in that lie (Genesis 20:2-3), God sending a lying spirit (1 Kings 22:22), God deceiving people (Jeremiah 4:10), eating your children (Leviticus 26:29 and 2 Kings 6:28-29), sacrificing your children (Genesis 22:1-2 and Judges 11:29-39), killing children who curse mother and father (Matthew 15:4), throwing innocent people off a cliff (2 Chronicles 25:12), cutting women in pieces and sending them across the country (Judges 19:29), buying wives for 15 pieces of silver and barely (Hosea 3:2), women can't talk in church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35), women can't teach (1 Timothy 2:12-15), women have to wear coverings just like Muslims (1 Corinthians 11:5-10), buying a wife with 200 d**ks cut off (1 Samuel 18:25-28), attempting to kill your followers for NOT cutting off the d**ks of little children (Exodus 4:24-26), killing gardeners (Isaiah 1:29), catching animals on fire (Judges 15:4-5), killing all the males and keeping the females as sex slaves (Numbers 31:17-18), God killing your child at birth and sending your wife to be gang raped (2 Samuel 12:11-15), stoning women who are not virgins on their wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:13-21), calling a foreign woman "a dog" (Matthew 15:21-26), throwing a javelin through a interracial couple and also killing 24,000 innocent people (Numbers 25:6-9), giving people leprosy for following his laws (Numbers 12:1-10), sending demons into pigs and drowning them (Matthew 8:28-32), stealing from the poor to give to the rich (Matthew 13:12), followers have to commit suicide (Mathew 16:25), followers have to marry whores (Hosea 1:2), cutting off body parts (Matthew 5:29-30), followers have to hate family members (Luke 14:26), Jesus NOT bringing peace but a sword (Matthew 10:34-36), smashing babies against the rocks (Psalm 137:9), killing sons of sinners (Isaiah 14:21), forcing children to eat s**t (Ezekiel 4:12-13), beating children with a rod (Proverbs 23:13-14), sending children to burn forever if their parents were not married at birth (Deuteronomy 23:2), telling a person who just lost his father "let the dead bury their dead" (Matthew 8:21-22), killing disabled people ( 2 Samuel 5:8 ), rejecting disabled people from worshiping him (Leviticus 21:16-23), killing people for trying to help (2 Samuel 6:6-7), killing people for turning around (Genesis 19:26), killing people for mispronouncing words (Judges 12:6), killing people for eating bacon (Isaiah 65:4), killing people for NOT striking prophets (1 Kings 20:35-36), killing people for picking up sticks (Numbers 15:32-36), killing people for working on a sunday (Exodus 35:2), killing people for going to church (Numbers 18:3), killing people when they are asleep (Judges 4:21), killing people for NOT having children with his brother's wife (Genesis 38:8-10), mauling little children with bears for making fun of a bald man (2 Kings 2:23-24), killing thousands because HE told them to take a census (2 Samuel 24:1-15), buying slaves from foreign countries, (Leviticus 25:44-46), beating slaves (Exodus 21:20-21), turning your grandson into a slave forever as well as his future children because your child tried to help (Genesis 9:20-26), buying your brother as a slave (Leviticus 25:39-46), selling your daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:7-11), sending your daughters to be gang raped (Genesis 19:4-8), forcing a rape victim to marry the rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29), kidnapping little girls (Judges 21:20-24), kidnapping foreign women (Deuteronomy 21:10-14), sending innocent puppies to burn forever (Revelation 22:14-15), robbing animals (Matthew 21:1-3), stabbing random people (Jeremiah 48:10), hating some children before they were born (Romans 9:10-15), killing people for not washing hands (Exodus 30:20), pouring out water that someone walked miles to get (1 Chronicles 11:17-19).

I'm also using the KJV.
They changed some of these in newer versions.

Dave

Probably par for the course all over the world in those days. Life was short and often brutish, laws were strict and even minor transgressions punished severely.

Believe in the wrong god in the wrong place and . . .

Consider how many of those things were actually due to Jewish or Roman values rather than Christian. True, it makes those who accept it culpable, or blindly stupid . . . Or both.

Get out of that situation asap mate.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

That's a daunting block of text.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tom62

I didn't even bother to read it  ;).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm still waiting for the poster to give more information about his alleged incarceration in a "Christian hospital". 

How many of you have been terrorized by a Christian?

Also, Old Testament examples cited are not "Christian".  Those are Jewish.

I'm a Christian.  Have I terrorized anyone? 

On the other hand, Magdalena turned me into a newt.

Pasta Chick

As far as I can tell, the only thing terrorists have in common, is being terrorists.

Recusant

I think that the broad answer to the broad question in the title of this thread is "no." There are Christian terrorists, but that doesn't mean that Christianity is terrorism, per se. No more than Islam is terrorism. There are elements of both religions that can be viewed as promoting terrorism (perhaps more so in Islam), but neither of them is necessarily defined by those elements.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 23, 2016, 09:33:30 PM
I'm still waiting for the poster to give more information about his alleged incarceration in a "Christian hospital". 

Yes, yes I did.  :fingertap:

Unfortunately...

...You got better.
:jaded rimshot:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 23, 2016, 09:33:30 PM

I was once terrorized by a goose named Christian, but in all fairness he would have probably also terrorized me if his name was Floyd.

I was also going to address the newt issue, but Mags beat me to it. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx