News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Decided to clean out the boot of my car only to find it containing a few inches of water. Had to throw out almost everything and there are a few moldy spots
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on November 18, 2018, 01:44:46 AM
Decided to clean out the boot of my car only to find it containing a few inches of water. Had to throw out almost everything and there are a few moldy spots

The back window of an old muscle car I owned leaked in a serious rainstorm, and I ended up with a few inches of water inside the car. I was not pleased. I feel for you! Bleach the moldy spots and neutralize that with baking soda, and clean that up as well. Then, there are products on the market (depending on where you live) that can neutralize any residual corrosion, and further protect the metal from further corrosion.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

That's a bummer!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

Pretty much what killed that snazzy little convertible I used to have. The stitching around the back window failed and started leaking into the cabin. Eventually it got so bad I had to write it off.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

I posted a picture of my waterlogged boot to my car club Facebook page, and the person I bought it from is going to call me first thing in the morning to schedule a time to drop it off at the dealership. They are giving me a loaner on them until they fix it. At least it's under warranty and hopefully I caught it before any major mold problems crop up.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Over the last two weeks I've managed to lose two expensive worklights. I'm reduced to naught but a headlamp and a few pocket lights to hold between my teeth.  :slapfight: :hahaha...no: :grrr:

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Bummer. I know what it's like to lose tools. I've had to replace quite a few. One I didn't lose was a nice 9/16" Snap-On wrench that I dropped while working on one of my sisters' cars, which fell into a storm drain. I had enough tools with me to pry up the man hole cover and go down to get it.

jumbojak

Couldn't reach it with a magnet?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on November 30, 2018, 02:29:44 PM
Couldn't reach it with a magnet?

I probably didn't have a magnet. I had this gigantic screwdriver that I used to pry alternators and such to tighten the belts while tightening the component's restraining bolts, which I would have used. Back in those days I could dead lift ~325 pounds by myself and put it in the back of a truck. A manhole cover only has to be lifted enough to rotate it away from the hole to allow entrance. It can't fall into the hole, since it is round- which is WHY they are round. ;D I suspect that the manhole cover weighs less than the engines I was lifting. That sort of effort is probably why I've undergone treatment for swollen hemorrhoids these days. :( Though at the last visit to the surgeon, I was told I don't need that procedure (banding) any more. That banding beats a hemorrhoidectomy by a great margin, based on what I have seen people go through.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Hot whiskey and lemon? Or just the whiskey?

xSilverPhinx

As if obnoxiously loud bells weren't enough, the church next to me now has its minions singing! :rant1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

My cell phone doesn't have enough storage space for all the new songs I want to add.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey