do you have
courage and soft heart that you can
stand against Israel and America?
:headscratch:

:no idea:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 20, 2017, 08:57:54 PM
I'm sure this one ruffles so feathers for some of you:  I also believe Isreal had a big part in putting together the 9/11 attacks.  No country on earth benefited more from 9/11 than isreal.  Cave-dwelling, desert moslems I don't believe could've ever put together an attack as sophisticated as 9/11.  Israeli Jews on the other hand....

:blahblah: 

Probably few ruffled feathers here. You don't have a great deal of credibility, and spouting conspiracy theory twaddle based on inaccurate characterizations only helps firm up that situation.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Tank I truly miss the rare postings of your "christian friend in Lahore".  Some of us, in the past, came to admire, even love her from afar.  For those of you who do not know Niya, she is a very special human being. Sure enough we heathen scum can actually care for people who have a different set of beliefs.

Tank, if the occasion ever arises, please tell her that I said that.

xSilverPhinx

Cave-dwelling, desert moslems I don't believe could've ever put together an attack as sophisticated as 9/11.

Underestimating your enemy based on prejudice isn't the smartest thing to do. Just as Bin Laden and his ilk most likely underestimated the US's resolve to get them after the attack. Prejudice itself is an umbrella that covers a wide population and blinds you from seeing what's really going on. 

With all the intelligence-gathering resources the US has, the leader of those "cave-dwelling, desert moslems" took ten long years to get caught. Seems like it was quite a challenge...how difficult could it be to find such unsophisticated people?

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 11:57:48 AM
Cave-dwelling, desert moslems I don't believe could've ever put together an attack as sophisticated as 9/11.

Underestimating your enemy based on prejudice isn't the smartest thing to do. Just as Bin Laden and his ilk most likely underestimated the US's resolve to get them after the attack. Prejudice itself is an umbrella that covers a wide population and blinds you from seeing what's really going on. 

With all the intelligence-gathering resources the US has, the leader of those "cave-dwelling, desert moslems" took ten long years to get caught. Seems like it was quite a challenge...how difficult could it be to find such unsophisticated people?

If what I read is correct during those years bin Laden would not allow smartphones or Internet connected computers anywhere near him and he lived as a toral recluse. He was a modern man in every way, intelligent and fully aware of the dangers, as well as advantages, of technology. Restricting his visitors to only the most trusted worked for a long time, he became invisible to all but the oldest forms of intelligence gathering.

And it is true that you need to study an enemy deeply, respect him and learn to think like him before you can defeat him. Or just use force to blow him off the face of the Earth - so long as you do the same for all his followers and cause no "collateral damage" that will generate more enemies.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 12:11:32 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 11:57:48 AM

If what I read is correct during those years bin Laden would not allow smartphones or Internet connected computers anywhere near him and he lived as a toral recluse. He was a modern man in every way, intelligent and fully aware of the dangers, as well as advantages, of technology. Restricting his visitors to only the most trusted worked for a long time, he became invisible to all but the oldest forms of intelligence gatheting.

He may have been a lot of things, but stupid he was not.

xSilverPhinx

And it is true that you need to study an enemy deeply, respect him and learn to think like him before you can defeat him.

Sun Tzu.

QuoteOr judt use fircevyo bliw him off the face of the Earth...

Clausewitz!

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on December 21, 2017, 01:25:02 AM
Tank I truly miss the rare postings of your "christian friend in Lahore".  Some of us, in the past, came to admire, even love her from afar.  For those of you who do not know Niya, she is a very special human being. Sure enough we heathen scum can actually care for people who have a different set of beliefs.

Tank, if the occasion ever arises, please tell her that I said that.
I will  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 12:58:36 PM
And it is true that you need to study an enemy deeply, respect him and learn to think like him before you can defeat him.

Sun Tzu.

QuoteOr just use force to blow him off the face of the Earth...

Clausewitz!

Never read Clausewitz,  but  one can imagine the difference between the "Western" and "Eastern" approaches there! I'll go with Sun Tzu...Unless the other guy is seven foot, 120kg and I am carrying a shotgun.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Sun Tzu.

Clausewitz!

Never read Clausewitz,  but  one can imagine the difference between the "Western" and "Eastern" approaches there! I'll go with Sun Tzu...Unless the other guy is seven foot, 120kg and I am carrying a shotgun.

I also have a soft spot for the Eastern approach, even if Sun Tzu is a little simplistic and formulaic in his writing. 

...And if you don't have a shotgun, you use his strength and momentum against him. :grin: 

(The smaller opponent can win, it is known.)

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Sun Tzu.

Clausewitz!

I also have a soft spot for the Eastern approach, even if Sun Tzu is a little simplistic and formulaic in his writing. 

...And if you don't have a shotgun, you use his strength and momentum against him. :grin: 

(The smaller opponent can win, it is known.)

In judo in my RAF training the captain of the rugby 2nd 11 would not take on little ol' 160cm, 55kg me 'cos I put him on his back too often...

Ecurb Noselrub

The Saudis are pretty advanced, and have more money than God.  They don't dwell in caves, by the way.  The cities, where most of them live, are quite modern.

Icarus

Sun Tzu

Were the ancients more wise than we?   I think that there is that possibility.

Fixed quotes - xSP

sweetto

What we will feel if terrorists killing our kids?

We will stand against them if we have soft heart
Then why we support isreal who is killing the innocent Palestinian muslims
Even now American trump made Jerusalem as the capital of Israel so America giving the legal rights to isreal just kill the innocent

Sent from my CRO-L22 using Tapatalk