News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

False. I'm single.  ;D

The next person can't sleep either.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 12, 2012, 02:25:18 AM

True, haven't had a decent night's sleep in 4 days.  Hoping this changes after I retire and no longer have to obsess about work.

TNP still loves watching Saturday morning cartoons.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Firebird

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 12, 2012, 02:38:14 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on June 12, 2012, 02:25:18 AM

True, haven't had a decent night's sleep in 4 days.  Hoping this changes after I retire and no longer have to obsess about work.

TNP still loves watching Saturday morning cartoons.

False. But mostly because we sleep in on Saturdays.

TNP is going on a big trip soon
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on June 12, 2012, 03:18:14 AM
TNP is going on a big trip soon

False. *sigh* :(

TNP can proudly say that at least once in their lives, their experimentations with food in the kitchen worked out just fine ;D
If there were guests over that means something scary didn't crawl out of the cooking pot or oven, especially if you don't rememeber ever having put it there.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 12, 2012, 06:27:01 AM
TNP can proudly say that at least once in their lives, their experimentations with food in the kitchen worked out just fine ;D
If there were guests over that means something scary didn't crawl out of the cooking pot or oven...

True.

TNP has partaken of Absinthe.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 12, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

True. Bought a bottle of the Green Fairy in New Orleans last summer.

TNP has been on a paddle wheel river boat on the Mississippi.

En_Route

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 12, 2012, 06:40:57 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 12, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

True. Bought a bottle of the Green Fairy in New Orleans last summer.

TNP has been on a paddle wheel river boat on the Mississippi.

No, but I have grown tired of being patronised by some self-important third-raters (you know who you are).

The next person is a Van Morrison devotee.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Siz

False. never 'got' VM.

TNP thinks ER took it a bit too far

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 12, 2012, 06:50:35 PM

False.

TNP needs to know his/her watch is set to the exact time.

En_Route

False. never 'got' VM.

Surely not? Tank was unpardonably rude (no "strike" imposed there).My central point remains: atheists can be as obtuse and bigoted as theists. If I have managed to inject a little humility in some corner of your hearts them my supreme self-sacrifice in engineering my eviction here will not have been in vain.

TNP will shed a small, barely visible but nevertheless tangible tear at the passing of ER.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

True.

The next person wants everyone to just chill the fuck out now.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on June 12, 2012, 07:07:21 PM

False.  Why "chill out" if you're all happy to burn in hell...  (JOKE!!)

TNP prefers a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich over a peanut butter and pineapple/apricot jam sandwich.

Siz

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 12, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

TNP prefers a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich over a peanut butter and pineapple/apricot jam sandwich.
Oooh, deep! I think I'm gonna have to say true.

TNP has got the phone number of an air hostess while on a plane

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Recusant

Quote from: En_Route on June 12, 2012, 07:03:46 PM
TNP thinks ER took it a bit too far.

Surely not? Tank was unpardonably rude (no "strike" imposed there).My central point remains: atheists can be as obtuse and bigoted as theists. If I have managed to inject a little humility in some corner of your hearts them my supreme self-sacrifice in engineering my eviction here will not have been in vain.

TNP will shed a small, barely visible but nevertheless tangible tear at the passing of ER.

I think that you must have a mighty thin skin if you think that somebody who says they don't "give a shit about your opinion" is being unpardonably rude. I take the reference to your "supreme self-sacrifice" to be jocular, as you don't seem particularly concerned whether you remain a member of this site. Throughout this episode, you yourself have been remarkably lacking in the "humility" you seem to value so much, so I doubt that your example will provide any education at all in that regard.

I do regret that you seem intent on being banned, because I think that you've added a worthwhile perspective to many of the discussions here in which you've been a participant. I'm not in the least tearful about it though.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 12, 2012, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 12, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

Oooh, deep! I think I'm gonna have to say true.

TNP has got the phone number of an air hostess while on a plane

False.

The next person wants to know how on earth Adrian Chiles is the presenter for ITV's football programming.
Retired member.