News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

False, though I've come close.

The next person suffers from insomnia
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

Quote from: Firebird on June 02, 2012, 06:04:54 AM
False, though I've come close.

The next person suffers from insomnia

True. Seems to be pretty bad tonight.

The next person is a nail biter.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

False

The next person wishes they had an Asmo Certified Certificate certifying them as having megalomania like the one The Magic Pudding got from his heinous highness Asmo.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

En_Route

Quote from: magdalena on June 02, 2012, 07:42:47 AM
False

The next person wishes they had an Asmo Certified Certificate certifying them as having megalomania like the one The Magic Pudding got from his heinous highness Asmo.

False. I'm the most self- effacing person in the world. IN THE WORLD ,  understand?

The next person has been crushed by a kiss
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Amicale

True. The first time my daughter ever crawled up to me and kissed my cheek, my heart was immediately both crushed and smitten.  ;D

The next person really wants to go on a mad cleaning spree today because they know they need to.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

True. But I have other stuff I have to do today.  :P

The next person loves stuffed animals.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

True.  Turkey stuffed with sage and onion, for example.

The next person agrees that there was no good music written after 1791.

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on June 02, 2012, 04:54:42 PM

Can't say I agree with that. I was rocking out to some Nephew earlier.

The next person likes goi g to auctions.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Siz

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 02, 2012, 05:13:10 PM
Quote from: OldGit on June 02, 2012, 04:54:42 PM

Can't say I agree with that. I was rocking out to some Nephew earlier.

The next person likes goi g to auctions.

True. I went to a big property auction once to follow a house we were interested in. We knew it wasn't quite right for us for various reasons but we went along anyway just to familiarise ourselves with the auction process. It was a real thrill, but as it turned out the price went well over our hypothetical budget and still didnt reach the reserve, so it didnt sell. I'd love to do it again as a serious buyer, but I bet it's horribly stressful as a home-buyer (as opposed to investor).

The next person has pushed themselves physically way beyond a level that you thought was possible.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Asmodean

Quote from: magdalena on June 02, 2012, 07:42:47 AM
his heinous highness
Nice!  :D

Quote from: ScissorlegsThe next person has pushed themselves physically way beyond a level that you thought was possible.
False. I normally don't do what I think I can not.

The next person wonders how those who quote smart people in order to appear smarter can actually fool anybody but themselves
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean link=topic=10043.msg174542#msg174542The next person wonders how those who quote smart people in order to appear smarter can actually fool anybody but themselves

True.  I imagine it's particularly embarrassing when the quote is recognized and no credit was given.

The next person loves old Western movies (even if secretly).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

False. Nine times out of ten the actors can't ride to save their lives.

The next is not squeamish about animals eating other animals.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 03, 2012, 03:21:45 AM
The next is not squeamish about animals eating other animals.
The Asmo uses this as His propaganda vid, so obviously true.

The next person has had at least one major surgery
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

True...appendicitis when I was 5, before I even knew that a person could be cut up like that. Scary experience.

The next person is feeling particularly relieved this weekend and want the chance to tell others how relieved they are and hopes that they too feel relieved ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2012, 07:13:15 AM
The next person is feeling particularly relieved this weekend and want the chance to tell others how relieved they are and hopes that they too feel relieved ;D
False. The Asmo had no tremendous bowel movements to speak of  :P

The next person is going to attend the Virtial Meetup
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.