News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello to everyone!

Started by filip3rd, November 27, 2007, 03:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filip3rd

Well, after googeling Atheism forum I got this site and here I am. Let me tell you about myself. I am Iranian / Russian living in Salt Lake City, the Mecca of Mormonism. (This is usually the part where everyone feels bad for me). I was born in Iran to a Russian orthodox father and Muslim mother. While at home I was thought about Christianity at school I had to learn about Islam. So bible became my secret and Islam became my prison.
Finally I moved to Germany where I learned more about the Catholic Church and ideology. This is the time where I meet a friend who was Buddhist and I had the chance to learn about it. Finally I took wrong turn and end up in Salt Lake City where I married a Mormon girl. (She is now agnostic).anyway I did read the Bok of Mormon and have studied it I would say more than average Mormon. Recently finished reading the Holy book of Baha’ism, which is a branch of Islam.

I am sure must of you are wondering if I am theist and just don't know it. I must no. I am firm believer in Atheism but I also believe as an Atheist we don't have the luxury to just say God did it. We must have same or even more knowledge about our opponent n this case Theists.

This is why I have studied  all major religion and some smaller ones.

The first time I talked to God I was 7 years old and my parents where in the middle of divorce. I asked him to keep my parents together and in return I will become his strongest follower.

As you can see they have divorced and I became his strongest opponent. I must say that I did not become atheist because of hate but because of the longing to know who this guy is that so many are asking for help.

of course now as an adult looking back at my parent I think both did the smart thing to get divorced. So maybe God did do his job?!

After moving to Germany without my parent I was taken in by a German family which I am very thankful for both taking care of me and helped me to become Atheism.

Now let me tell you they where strict Catholic and I was forced into Catholics. I remember the first day as alter boy when I was asked to bow before the priest. I did not do it. When asked why I said bowing before any men is an insult to my intelligent. I was 13 years old by then. This was the day when for the first time I questioned God and his religions.

20 years later here I am. An Atheist that believes religion in an insult to human intelligent but same time I believe religion is necessary for today’s society. Since intelligent and logic is a rare characteristic amongst humans.

I came to the conclusion that average men is in need of this invisible God and his religion. Where logic and intelligent fails God fills in the gap.

I must add this that I always thought Iran has a fanatical religious leader but have came to understand that USA is not that different when it comes to religion, but here in US we have opposition with guts and will to fight for their rights.

If it was not for Atheist fighting for their rights, this board would be censored or shut down and we would be afraid of being Atheist.

While we have to fight for our right that protects even the theist we must do it with their own weapon, Religion.

Theists are just like people that are in Coma for long time, you must have patient and therapy in order to understand the concept of reality.

I hope I can be a helpful  member of this site and that we can exchange idea in a manner that theist can’t, Without Judging.
“Anarchism, really stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion; the liberation of the human body from the dominion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government.”

Will

Wow, great intro. Willkommen! Wie geht es Ihnen?
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

myleviathan

QuoteI remember the first day as alter boy when I was asked to bow before the priest. I did not do it. When asked why I said bowing before any men is an insult to my intelligent. I was 13 years old by then.

I just wish I had realized this when I was 13. My first defiance toward religion was when I was 16 years old. I was living as an exchange stundent in San Cristobal, Venezuela. I wrote my mother a letter saying that when I came back I had no intention of living the way she had raised me. But I was so afraid of the vivid images of hell that I was taught by the Baptist church, I fell back into the coma until I was 24. I didn't finalize my decision to turn my back completely on theism until I was 25. And this was after untold struggle and heartache.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

McQ

Welcome filip, and thank you for that introduction (this would be a good time for those who have not posted introductions to see what a thorough one looks like).

You'll have lots of people here to share with and talk to. Glad to have you around.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, filip3rd.  Thanks for the great intro!

SteveS

Hi filip3rd - thanks for the background, welcome to the site!

Whitney

hey Filip, welcome to the forum.