Main Menu

Discussão em português

Started by Tank, May 06, 2019, 01:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Found something that is conveniently pertinent. :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'll never claim fluency.... Uh uh... Não...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 29, 2019, 03:36:54 AM
I'll never claim fluency.... Uh uh... Não...

That's ok, according to the video clip most native speakers won't either.  :P  ;)

jumbojak

Listening to the Volcano podcast I picked out two words so far. garrafas e água. I don't know if he was talking about a bottle and said something about water shortly after or if he was talking about an actual bottle of water but I picked up on it. Fascinating, despite not really following along well...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 29, 2019, 04:08:20 AM
Listening to the Volcano podcast I picked out two words so far. garrafas e água. I don't know if he was talking about a bottle and said something about water shortly after or if he was talking about an actual bottle of water but I picked up on it. Fascinating, despite not really following along well...

Legal!  8) (cool!)

I'll give it a listen one of these days. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

xSilverPhinx

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

I'm at 101 days on the app. In another thirty I'll be Rio ready.

jumbojak

I seem to have hit a wall. I can get through the lessons but it's more getting things wrong until I memorize an answer and then repeating that process over and over again for each excercise in the lesson.

Doing that wouldn't bother me if I seemed to be doing it with decreasing frequency, but that's not the case. I do it every damn time and I'm getting terribly frustrated. Maybe my pattern recognition software will start running again soon. I'll stick with it for now.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 22, 2019, 11:04:06 PM
I seem to have hit a wall. I can get through the lessons but it's more getting things wrong until I memorize an answer and then repeating that process over and over again for each excercise in the lesson.

Doing that wouldn't bother me if I seemed to be doing it with decreasing frequency, but that's not the case. I do it every damn time and I'm getting terribly frustrated. Maybe my pattern recognition software will start running again soon. I'll stick with it for now.

What kind of errors are you making? Maybe I can help...

Bad Penny II

It's free apparently.
QuoteLearn Portuguese from Brazil in no time! MosaLingua's effective and addictive teaching method will help you memorize loads of vocabulary, key phrases and conjugations in record time★

By using the dialogue exercises, you'll be able to improve both your Brazilian Portuguese comprehension and your speaking skills at the same time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mosalingua.pt
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

It's things like using 'da' or 'do' instead of 'a' and 'o'. Question structure is very challenging for me too. I'll try to put something more cohesive together...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 26, 2019, 02:14:26 AM
It's things like using 'da' or 'do' instead of 'a' and 'o'. Question structure is very challenging for me too. I'll try to put something more cohesive together...

Ok, depends a little on the context but 'da' and 'do' are usually used when something belongs to someone, it's basically 'de a' and 'de o', respectively...and is sort of equivalent to the 's in English.  'O' and 'a' are the. For instance:

A casa do Jumbojak.

The house belongs to Jumbojak (Jumbojak's house) so we use 'do' (masculine).

A lot of less fluent Brazilians would translate the second sentence rather literally and say "The Jumbojak's house", it's a common type of error around here.