News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Banned - By accident due to IP conflicts

Started by En_Route, June 01, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Tank is fair and wise :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Firebird

Quote from: En_Route on June 02, 2012, 10:54:55 AM
That's a relief. I was worried in case you were upset that I'd slept with your wife.

*giggle*
That's wrong, I shouldn't laugh
*more giggling*
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2012, 04:54:53 AM
The joy of the internet. ER you have accessed the site on a number of different IP addresses. This may be because you have accessed the site from different locations and/or your ISP has dynamic IP addresses. What has happened is that through no fault of your own one of those IPs has previously been associated with a spammer and has been banned. There is nothing that can be done about this unless you log the IP number you are using when you can't get in. Then we can have a look at that IP and if the ban isn't triggered often we can clear the ban.

As a general point if you see the message 'Known Spammer', 'Spammer', or no reason is given for banning  you can bet you're not at fault and the ban is through external circumstances as described above.

Members that do get banned generally get a context specific message.

If any member can't gain access the forum do the following.
1) Don't panic
2) Note the ban message if there is one
3) Note the IP address you are attempting to access the forum from using http://www.whatismyip.com/ or equivalent
4) Send an email to tankathaf@gmail and (admin address which I need to find) with the IP and ban message

Any questions?

That's a relief. I was worried in case you were upset that I'd slept with your wife.
You couldn't possibly have slept with my wife; she snores too loudly. :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2012, 07:56:15 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2012, 04:54:53 AM
The joy of the internet. ER you have accessed the site on a number of different IP addresses. This may be because you have accessed the site from different locations and/or your ISP has dynamic IP addresses. What has happened is that through no fault of your own one of those IPs has previously been associated with a spammer and has been banned. There is nothing that can be done about this unless you log the IP number you are using when you can't get in. Then we can have a look at that IP and if the ban isn't triggered often we can clear the ban.

As a general point if you see the message 'Known Spammer', 'Spammer', or no reason is given for banning  you can bet you're not at fault and the ban is through external circumstances as described above.

Members that do get banned generally get a context specific message.

If any member can't gain access the forum do the following.
1) Don't panic
2) Note the ban message if there is one
3) Note the IP address you are attempting to access the forum from using http://www.whatismyip.com/ or equivalent
4) Send an email to tankathaf@gmail and (admin address which I need to find) with the IP and ban message

Any questions?

You couldn't possibly have slept with my wife; she snores too loudly. :D

As long as you keep believing that, we'll all be happy.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

When I try to access the site from my phone I get the following message "Sorry Ali, you are banned from using this forum! Spam server, please change your ISP to access this site."  Well I never.

Asmodean

Are you using a 3G network, some sort of proxy or the like?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Yes, 3g.  But it always worked before!

Tank

Not much we can do about this sort of thing I'm afraid a spammer has been associated with the IP you logged in on :(

I don't suppose yo know the IP address you came in on?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

DeterminedJuliet

They banned ya cuz yer right saucy  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 19, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

Must be all the vagina talk.... I'm going to perform the Vagina Monologues on the front page of HAF in protest. ;D

Thanks Firebird!  IP address found and forwarded to Tank

technolud

Quote from: aliWhen I try to access the site from my phone I get the following message "Sorry Ali, you are banned from using this forum! Spam server, please change your ISP to access this site."  Well I never.

Obviously an Act of God.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 19, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

She is a cheeky little monkey. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

I'm surprised she has lasted this long.
I always suspected, it's so obvious when you look back at it all.