News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Gunnery Sgt. R lee Ermey

Started by Old Seer, April 17, 2018, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Seer

Passed away overnight. US Marine, actor (Drill instructor Hartman in the movie , Full metal Jacket) RIP Bro.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

joeactor

Quote from: Old Seer on April 17, 2018, 11:57:14 PM
Passed away overnight. US Marine, actor (Drill instructor Hartman in the movie , Full metal Jacket) RIP Bro.

Some of my friends knew him. Said he was a nice but straight forward guy. Loved his work and voice over.

Guardian85

Love the stuff he used to do on the History Channel. Absolutely the right person to have geeking out over an old bit of military kit.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quite right. He was a board member of the NRA but given his background that would be no surprise.

He was hired as an advisor on Full Metal Jacket and sent in his own audition for the Sargent once he was there. Most of his dialogue was improvised on the spot. He wasn't an actor, he just played himself.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

I thought he was a really good actor...lot of folks saying he didn't need to act in Full Metal Jacket as he was an actual Drill Sergent and could just be himself, but there is so much more dimension to a character than just saying the lines, plus the reality of actually being on a set with cameras and crews,etc...I also really enjoyed his performance as the Mayor in the movie "Mississippi Burning"

Quote from: joeactor on April 18, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

Some of my friends knew him. Said he was a nice but straight forward guy. Loved his work and voice over.

Yeah I agree Joe, he did some great voice-over work, such as his work on the Christmas Classic, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 20, 2018, 05:29:23 PM
I thought he was a really good actor...lot of folks saying he didn't need to act in Full Metal Jacket as he was an actual Drill Sergent and could just be himself, but there is so much more dimension to a character than just saying the lines, plus the reality of actually being on a set with cameras and crews,etc...I also really enjoyed his performance as the Mayor in the movie "Mississippi Burning"

Quote from: joeactor on April 18, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

Yeah I agree Joe, he did some great voice-over work, such as his work on the Christmas Classic, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer".

Lol!

He was the Green Army Guy in Toy Story:

Arturo

RIP

Tbh this might be the only celebrity death that affects me but I'm never sad when someone dies. (except for one person trying to kill them self but they are still alive) I'm always happy if not feeling mildly okay. I'm not sure why this is but I grew up around death...a lot. So I always heard adults trying to find ways to feel better about it and I guess that rubs off on me in some many ways.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱