News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

When to Make the Sign of the Cross?

Started by Magdalena, September 15, 2016, 06:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

I generally find Catholicism very pagan in general, what with the saints and chanting and incense and wafers and so forth.

Arturo

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 09, 2016, 05:16:54 PM
I generally find Catholicism very pagan in general, what with the saints and chanting and incense and wafers and so forth.

I agree. When I read a book on witch craft, it said a bit about it's history as well as the history of satanism and catholicism. It was said that Christians took on some of Wicca's views to be easily accepted. But they refused, and when the Christians grew in number, they began force conversions by telling them to become christian or die. And many died.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 09, 2016, 05:16:54 PM

That's not an accident. As it grew in the first few centuries of its existence, the Christian church adopted plenty from pre-existing religions. This syncretism was a way of helping converts feel more at home in the new religion. The Protestant Reformation stripped a lot of this away, but not all.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken