News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Banned - By accident due to IP conflicts

Started by En_Route, June 01, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

The earlier part of this evening, when  i tried to log on I was advised  baldly that I was banned. I was gratified   to see that you were at last applying some quality control to the membership, but sadly it seems not.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

LMAO.  And about time, I say!  ;D ;)

Buddy

Aww shoot, what did you do this time?   ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

En_Route

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 02, 2012, 12:06:05 AM

It's all very Kafkaesque. I have no idea. Tank moves in mysterious ways.

Dobermonster

Sort of redundant to ask that of a lawyer, isn't it?

:P

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Do you use some sort of proxy IP? I got banned on Chrome because I was using one to watch NatGeo films, Tank mentioned that there's an automatic banning for some IPs.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

The joy of the internet. ER you have accessed the site on a number of different IP addresses. This may be because you have accessed the site from different locations and/or your ISP has dynamic IP addresses. What has happened is that through no fault of your own one of those IPs has previously been associated with a spammer and has been banned. There is nothing that can be done about this unless you log the IP number you are using when you can't get in. Then we can have a look at that IP and if the ban isn't triggered often we can clear the ban.

As a general point if you see the message 'Known Spammer', 'Spammer', or no reason is given for banning  you can bet you're not at fault and the ban is through external circumstances as described above.

Members that do get banned generally get a context specific message.

If any member can't gain access the forum do the following.
1) Don't panic
2) Note the ban message if there is one
3) Note the IP address you are attempting to access the forum from using http://www.whatismyip.com/ or equivalent
4) Send an email to tankathaf@gmail.com and admin@happyatheistforum.com with the IP and ban message

Any questions?

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

No questions, just that tankathaf made me giggle for some reason.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 02, 2012, 05:06:39 AM
No questions, just that tankathaf made me giggle for some reason.
It sounds like a bad sneeze  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

En_Route

Quote from: Dobermonster on June 02, 2012, 02:09:21 AM

Sort of redundant to ask that of a lawyer, isn't it?

:P

Cruel but irrefutable.

En_Route

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2012, 04:54:53 AM
The joy of the internet. ER you have accessed the site on a number of different IP addresses. This may be because you have accessed the site from different locations and/or your ISP has dynamic IP addresses. What has happened is that through no fault of your own one of those IPs has previously been associated with a spammer and has been banned. There is nothing that can be done about this unless you log the IP number you are using when you can't get in. Then we can have a look at that IP and if the ban isn't triggered often we can clear the ban.

As a general point if you see the message 'Known Spammer', 'Spammer', or no reason is given for banning  you can bet you're not at fault and the ban is through external circumstances as described above.

1) Don't panic
3) Note the IP address you are attempting to access the forum from using http://www.whatismyip.com/ or equivalent
4) Send an email to tankathaf@gmail and (admin address which I need to find) with the IP and ban message

Any questions?

That's a relief. I was worried in case you were upset that I'd slept with your wife.

En_Route

Quote from: En_Route on June 02, 2012, 10:54:55 AM

As a general point if you see the message 'Known Spammer', 'Spammer', or no reason is given for banning  you can bet you're not at fault and the ban is through external circumstances as described above.

1) Don't panic
4) Send an email to tankathaf@gmail and (admin address which I need to find) with the IP and ban message

Any questions?

That's a relief. I was worried in case you were upset that I'd slept with your wife.

Not that I have of course, but she tells me you are the jealous type.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Whitney

(admin address which I need to find)

If you are talking about me, admin@happyatheistforum.com or really just any word @happyatheistforum.com works...it's a catchall account.