News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Bickering and Banning | Split From: New kid on the block.

Started by En_Route, July 07, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

QuoteI find the vision of one of Tank's tanks wearing a mankini oddly enticing.

That would be a Tankini.  The mind boggles.

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on July 11, 2012, 12:21:11 PM
QuoteI find the vision of one of Tank's tanks wearing a mankini oddly enticing.

That would be a Tankini.  The mind boggles.
Just don't go there!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Velma

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 10:48:41 AM
Ok, I've calmed down. I'm back. On reflection I have un-banned ER. At the end of the day he's not responsible for my prejudices, bad temper and the fact that I'm very protective of SD in a 'lost soul' kind of way. We've made our peace via email.

*sorry for being the ultimate drama queen*

We love you anyway.   ;)  Glad to see you back. 
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on July 11, 2012, 06:21:12 PM
Ok, I've calmed down. I'm back. On reflection I have un-banned ER. At the end of the day he's not responsible for my prejudices, bad temper and the fact that I'm very protective of SD in a 'lost soul' kind of way. We've made our peace via email.

We love you anyway.   ;)  Glad to see you back. 
;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 11, 2012, 05:55:17 PM
Yeah, I shouldn't have started that... :-\

You didn't know us ladies were going to fall on the mankini in a rush, didn you?  ;D

Anyway, I second what Velma said, we love you and we're so glad you're back.  Both of you!

Velma

Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 09, 2012, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2012, 02:29:21 PM
That's a fair point. Mia Culpa.

But having lived through 'The Troubles' I have no sympathy for anybody that supports/supported or attempts to white wash what those murdering bastards did. Intelligent my fucking arse.

I apologise for losing my rag over that.

His opinion is fair, not one that agreed with but it is also the same opinion as my Irish mates, they view them in a similar vein as the George Washington and Napoleon. I wonder how our American friends would feel if we called Mr Washigton a "murdering bastard" and a "fucking idiot". There isn't much different between the two situations either.

But anyway no point in flogging a dead horse.

Just to clarify, because I may have failed to make my position clear. I am and always have been opposed to the IRA and believe they have inflicted appalling and pointless savagery on innocents, including their own people. The point I was making is that in my opinion most of them are intelligent. That is not a compliment. Their intelligence made them more destructive in fact. It is a sobering fact that mental capacity is not necessarily correlated positively with empathy, benevolence and humanity.. This is not a topic I really want to pursue any further,but I did want to place on the record that I have absolutely nil sympathy for the IRA whatsoever , rather the reverse.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

:o  you feel protective of me? AWW~ ;---;
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sweetdeath

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 11, 2012, 11:07:01 PM

Don't push your luck  ;)

Crow

Quote from: En_Route on July 11, 2012, 08:39:25 PM
Just to clarify, because I may have failed to make my position clear. I am and always have been opposed to the IRA and believe they have inflicted appalling and pointless savagery on innocents, including their own people. The point I was making is that in my opinion most of them are intelligent. That is not a compliment. Their intelligence made them more destructive in fact. It is a sobering fact that mental capacity is not necessarily correlated positively with empathy, benevolence and humanity.. This is not a topic I really want to pursue any further,but I did want to place on the record that I have absolutely nil sympathy for the IRA whatsoever , rather the reverse.

Nice to know. I was uncertain about that as your views seemed to parallel those of my RoI friends but you said you were NI and you never know so I came up with 3 when it should have been 2.

Nice to see you back.
Retired member.

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on July 12, 2012, 12:30:18 AM
Quote from: En_Route on July 11, 2012, 08:39:25 PM

Nice to know. I was uncertain about that as your views seemed to parallel those of my RoI friends but you said you were NI and you never know so I came up with 3 when it should have been 2.

Nice to see you back.

Thanks Crow;  Hang out the bunting! I'm from ROI but live in NI. Your friends would be in a minority even in ROI.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 11:09:41 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 11, 2012, 11:07:01 PM

Don't push your luck  ;)
I won't~  ;D

Crow

Quote from: En_Route on July 12, 2012, 01:16:23 AM
I'm from ROI but live in NI. Your friends would be in a minority even in ROI.

I had a feeling that was the case, I haven't ever been though I do intend to and my experience with proper Irish people (you know ones that are actually from Ireland and not those that say they are but aren't) is limited to them and their families.
Retired member.