News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

guys what do you think of this george foreman nde and conversion?

Started by manga, July 10, 2017, 04:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, it's the "over and over" part that makes me think that manga is a troubled individual. I could be wrong, but to me it's more plausible that manga has obsessive tendencies and is caught in a hell-death-I must survive-hell-death-I must survive-hell-death-I must survive loop rather than intentionally trolling for sympathy or negative attention.

Anyway, that is how I perceive it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

manga

I'm just scared because I was raised catholic, and I always see these NDEs have a common theme when hell is involved: the person sees absolute darkness, they are scared, hear voices screeching and screaming in pain, sometimes they see demons mocking them. Then they call out to God or Jesus, and a light or a hand will come down and save them. I have read many individuals who have this experience. It just scares me because I want to be able to file NDEs into the hallucination/woo folder, but then I see so many similarities from hellish experiences that it scares me. It's the same reason I'm terrified of out of body experience target tests. I'm scared if someone were to prove those, then we may have a soul and it may mean some of the NDEs are true. The first ever NDE I saw was Howard Storm and on youtube it was called "Atheist Professor goes to hell" or something. At first, I didn't even know NDEs existed, and I was losing belief in religion, I thought there was no proof of life after death. However, this video scared me so brutally now since last summer I've been worrying about hell. I found online that there were some cultural differences between NDEs in different places that made me feel a bit better temporarily. However, then I heard about the website Skeptiko and Alex Tsakris, and he has some neurosurgeons on his shows that claim that a dying brain cannot at all create these NDEs when the eeg is flatlined, and that such accurate OBEs are not possible in a dying brain, so it has to be a soul that leaves the body. Now I am again, very much afraid. Two days ago I went on the near-death.com website hoping to reassure myself that NDEs are not real by trying to look up cultural differences. What did I find? A very convincing OBE and this NDE.  :-\

Magdalena

Quote from: manga on July 12, 2017, 05:43:48 AM
I'm just scared because I was raised catholic, and I always see these NDEs have a common theme when hell is involved: the person sees absolute darkness, they are scared, hear voices screeching and screaming in pain, sometimes they see demons mocking them. Then they call out to God or Jesus, and a light or a hand will come down and save them. I have read many individuals who have this experience. It just scares me because I want to be able to file NDEs into the hallucination/woo folder, but then I see so many similarities from hellish experiences that it scares me. It's the same reason I'm terrified of out of body experience target tests. I'm scared if someone were to prove those, then we may have a soul and it may mean some of the NDEs are true. The first ever NDE I saw was Howard Storm and on youtube it was called "Atheist Professor goes to hell" or something. At first, I didn't even know NDEs existed, and I was losing belief in religion, I thought there was no proof of life after death. However, this video scared me so brutally now since last summer I've been worrying about hell. I found online that there were some cultural differences between NDEs in different places that made me feel a bit better temporarily. However, then I heard about the website Skeptiko and Alex Tsakris, and he has some neurosurgeons on his shows that claim that a dying brain cannot at all create these NDEs when the eeg is flatlined, and that such accurate OBEs are not possible in a dying brain, so it has to be a soul that leaves the body. Now I am again, very much afraid. Two days ago I went on the near-death.com website hoping to reassure myself that NDEs are not real by trying to look up cultural differences. What did I find? A very convincing OBE and this NDE.  :-\
OK. I think it's clear now, to most of us, that you are afraid.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on July 12, 2017, 06:41:51 AM

No, I think I have said this before about him/her or perhaps that other poster whose name escapes me: this person is not scared, but has a hidden agenda and is a crypto preacher.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 06:48:52 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 12, 2017, 06:41:51 AM

No, I think I have said this before about him/her or perhaps that other poster whose name escapes me: this person is not scared, but has a hidden agenda and is a crypto preacher.

Are you thinking of Pahu?

Anyway...

Maybe you're right about manga, he's/she's a terrified-crypto-preacher-with a hidden agenda.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on July 12, 2017, 06:59:18 AM
Are you thinking of Pahu?

Anyway...

Maybe you're right about manga, he's/she's a terrified-crypto-preacher-with a hidden agenda.  ;D

Oh, yes, that's the forgettable name. But then I am 71 now!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

I'm just scared because I was raised catholic, etc

Then I think you should be talking to a priest, not us.  There's obviously nothing we can do for you.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 12, 2017, 08:48:27 AM

Then I think you should be talking to a priest, not us.  There's obviously nothing we can do for you.

An excellent suggestion. I can recommend Father Bruno. He is very kind, gentle, and sympathetic.
― Charles Eames

Pasta Chick

Obviously if you go to a site that supports the existence of NDEs, you are going to find support for NDEs.

How much time have you spent obsessively pouring over all of the science-based resources HAFers have provided for you? Noting that these are not anti-NDE sites - NDEs are a real phenomenon - there's simply no credible evidence supporting their happening because of a soul going to heaven/hell.

Claireliontamer

Manga, you sound like a very troubled individual.  Please get some professional help over this.

Recusant

Quote from: manga on July 12, 2017, 05:43:48 AM. . . then I heard about the website Skeptiko and Alex Tsakris, and he . . .

Like pretty much every other person who pushes (and profits from) pseudo-scientific wibble, it looks like Tsakris is a dishonest shitbird.

Lack of integrity on the part of people pushing these NDE/OBE narratives has been pointed out in other threads on this topic. Some of them may be on the up-and-up, but the field is rife with charlatans while charlatans with more diverse portfolios seem happy to include NDE/OBE in their spooky bags of tricks. If I were seriously investigating the topic, I'd take a clue when I noticed I was coming across horseshit on a regular basis.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 12, 2017, 08:55:25 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 12, 2017, 08:48:27 AM

An excellent suggestion. I can recommend Father Bruno. He is very kind, gentle, and sympathetic.
Thanks Books 8) As I appreciate anyone here at HAF sending me referrals, Priest biz has been meh lately....

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 10, 2017, 09:59:51 PM
This thread by manga looks an awful lot like this other thread on a totally different forum by pork222. ::)

Atheist Republic

Oddly enough it also looks quite similar to this one by a poster named Kamil at SKEPTIC !

And check out Kamil's response to another post in that thread:
QuoteI am really starting to become skeptical of certain religious things, but this fear keeps coming back. I am deathy afraid of any potential afterlife, and I know for the most part that we cannot rule out the brain, and it is premature to definitely assert that a soul that like Mathew always says that is non physical can perceive light and hear things. I get that. However, my priest knows that lately I've been questioning, and he sent me some of these Christian videos of people seeing hell. I have seen quite a few maybe 5-6 where a person (usually not too religious) will have an NDE or some sort of health issue, and suddenly see absolute darkness, maybe hear people screaming, some report seeing demons, etc. They say the place is in complete isolation from other things and they feel really sad. Then, they call out to God or Jesus and get rescued. The hand pulling one out of hell for example is common across these NDEs. Does that not at all scare you?

Weird, it's like the same person, or maybe guys it's some type of out of body, out of mind, cross forum ethereal posting experience?

Or CFEPE as we like to say in the biz, what do you guys think?

edited to fix link to Skeptic page, and to also mention that all three of these NDE's stories regarding Foreman were posted on 7/9 and 7/10/17. (One here, one at Atheist Republic, and one at Skeptic).
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Essie Mae

Well I don't know what to think as I don't belong to any other forums so I don't have any other experience of this sort of post. All I can say is that there were times as a Christian, (Baptist) that I was mortally afraid for my 'soul' because I wasn't good enough. The fact that in the church's eyes I had married a non-Christian, (he is a nominal believer and would identify as C of E which I think is like episcopalian in the US), weighed on me very heavily and gave me a great deal of unhappiness and real fear. So I can understand the fear, but whether it's genuine or not I couldn't say. Religion is a vile, oppressive force for evil IMO.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Have you talked to your family about this? Have you sought professional help? Whether this sort of intense fear is normal I can't say, having never been religious, but if you do have something like intrusive thoughts or OCD you really ought to seek treatment. Looks like your life is being negatively impacted by your fears.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey