News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Should cyber bullying be allowed?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 21, 2014, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Dobermonster on October 27, 2014, 07:23:57 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 27, 2014, 07:19:49 AM
Quote from: Ali on October 27, 2014, 02:27:53 AM
Yeah, in the US, the only people I have ever heard of being referred to as a cunt are women, and it's basically a synonym for "dumb bitch" but with the spin that they are being called this BECAUSE they are a woman. To the extent that, if you called a man a cunt, I don't think it would even be offensive, it would just be like "huh?" "The c-word" is just about on par with "the n-word" in US terminology.

In the UK Cunt is a asexual insult, irrespective of it's genital origin.

That's how I think of it too. If anything, I think 'bitch' is the more sexist term, but it's more accepted. If you call a man a 'bitch', it means he's weak and submissive; if you call a woman a 'bitch', it means she's abrasive or rude.
if you call a man a dick then it is hardly even recognized as a cuss word in our society. if you call a woman a bitch or a cunt then it is considered extremely sexist. I sense some double standards here.

Biggus Dickus

Lions beat the Bears and are now 11 -4 for the season. Next week they play Green Bay for the division championship.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

I never watch football, but I like seeing the Lions succeed. Have a friend who's from there and remains a die-hard through thick and thin.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

I don't watch much of it either, many times I follow along with the scores and what not just so I can have conversation material for clients or customers ;D
In fact the last full game of the Lions I watched was the game vs. Atlanta that they played in London.

In fact most Sunday's I spend any free time watching English Premier soccer.

But it is good news for the city, everyone here is excited although with some trepidation, only because the Lions are well the Lions and haven't won a championship in over 50 years.

Last Sunday we were in downtown Detroit for a concert. The Lions were playing at home, and the city was simply electric. We had dinner prior to the concert at a local bar/restaraunt, and they had the game on all of the TV's and everyone was cheering them on, and we stayed until the end when the won, and it was simply so exciting to be down in the city with everyone cheering them on so.
Next week's game against Green Bay is going to be as exciting, thinking of going downtown and catching the game somewhere just to share again in all of the excitement.

Ecurb Noselrub

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Tank on October 26, 2014, 05:30:34 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on October 26, 2014, 05:21:45 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on October 26, 2014, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 26, 2014, 12:02:22 PM
Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on October 26, 2014, 11:33:09 AM
I'm not a sociopath.
Just a few tendencies, eh?

There is nothing wrong with being sociopathic, but the label is a heavy one to carry around. Me, I don't mind heavy labels. Not when they fit.

What would any sociopath care about heavy labels?
you guys are being so dumb. of course I care about what other people label me. This is such a blatant display of ignorance.
Why would you care? You have no fellow feeling for what you call other people? Why should they care about you?
Uh, you think that the things that people say don't effect me. I feel that in some cases my life relies on the relationships I form between people. That is the kind of co dependence that people in a friendship form. They rely on each other to be kind and friendly and they form  trust. When that trust is broken a lot of things can happen. Anxiety about the sincerity of past things that are said, anxiety about people not being your friend in the future. Friendship is an important aspect of my life. If all of a sudden all of my friends left me today I would probably go out to some forum and try to post my skype info (usually in 4chan skype threads) and try to make new friends. However insignificant online interaction is to me, I still do require some form of personal interaction in order to not feel lonely. It doesn't help the feelings of isolation, but I do like to speak with people. So when you say "why would a sociopath care about labels" what you are really doing is imposing your ignorance on me. The fact that this annoys me should give you a hint that I am not a sociopath, but I don't need to defend that fact.

You have no idea how much I am opposed to labels. That is one of the things that I dislike most in my life. I feel that a lot of people have no right to judge me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 22, 2014, 10:39:51 PM
How 'bout dem Cowboys!!
They played really well on Sunday didn't they, and  I bet old Jerry was happy ;D

Icarus

I do not follow pro football but if I did, my local team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, would heap shame on me. I believe that there are some very good players on the Buc team but they do not seem to have their game scheme together. Meanwhile, as a Univ of Florida alumni, I have enough shame already. My damned Gators are afflicted by the same misfortunes as the Bucs.  Meanwhile the Florida State team, mortal enemies of the Gators, is pulling off routine miracles 29 times in a row. We'll see if they can do another miracle when they butt heads with Oregon. I'm laying my bets on a final showdown with Oregon vs Alabama.  Alabama to prevail. 

I reckon that Claire could become a Detroit fan, what with the team being Lions and all.

:o Damn! We have derailed this thread Bruno.