News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Good on you G85 and for the lovely with which you have become entangled. 

Please tell us that she aint' a christian evangelical that willo poison your brain.

Guardian85

Quote from: jumbojak on June 13, 2019, 01:16:36 AM
Cool. Still in the Arctic Circle?
Yep!

Quote from: Icarus on June 13, 2019, 01:51:39 AM
Please tell us that she aint' a christian evangelical that willo poison your brain.
Nope!

She has yet to display any reverence for any particular faith based hokum.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Guardian85! Hi, nice to see you around here again.  :computerwave:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Great news. You ca go to the moon now. All the lunar astronauts had appendectomies as a precaution.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Interesting. I did not know that.

Right now I can hardly hobble out of my room so I'll save the moon trip for a later date.  :P
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 11, 2019, 09:31:40 AM
Interesting. I did not know that.

Right now I can hardly hobble out of my room so I'll save the moon trip for a later date.  :P

London first!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I woke up this morning sure it was Sunday, but NO! IT WAS SATURDAY!  :woohoo!:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Silver.  I have bad news.  If you did that post ...^...on the 21st as the header implies............today is Sunday.   If you missed going to Mass this morning, the Pope may see fit to smite you.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on July 22, 2019, 04:21:17 AM
Silver.  I have bad news.  If you did that post ...^...on the 21st as the header implies............today is Sunday.   If you missed going to Mass this morning, the Pope may see fit to smite you.

The Pope has no say whatsoever in my life.  ;D

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

Peace and temporary freedom from joint pain.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on August 02, 2019, 01:00:20 AM

Sweet! I bought some "shoes" that can be used in water for comfort and traction (like in a stream). I'm going to start exercising in the Homeowner's Association's pool for self- therapy after my foot surgery. I want to get some exercise at the same time, so that's what I'm hoping for.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 02, 2019, 01:00:20 AM

:tellmemore:

If I had a pool I would live in it forever.

:notsure: Probably until I got all raisin-like, at least.