News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Aron Ra Says He'll Run for Office

Started by Recusant, January 09, 2017, 10:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

. . . In a conservative area of Texas. Should be interesting, but it seems like a tough row to hoe. I think he'd be a real asset to the Texas Senate, if he were to actually succeed.

"Aron Ra Announces Run for Texas State Senate" | Philosophical Atheism

Aron Ra

Aron Ra, the charismatic science educator and atheist activist, has announced his intention to run for Texas State Senate in 2018. On a recent episode of Dogma Debate, Aron Ra explained why he felt the time was right to announce his intention to run. Inspired by Bernie Sanders and California State Senate candidate Steve Hill, Ra remarked that "in 2018, when I run for Texas State Senate, I'm going to do an advertising campaign along those lines, and I think people are going to be completely outraged at what they've had to put up with for the two years leading up to that point before I do."

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

He might consider moving to more liberal area of Texas like Austin or Houston.

Arturo

I thought he was going to be a Satanist, which would have been among the amusing lines of Trump (if you can still call that amusing) and Dwayne Johnson running for office.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

His look is sort of a trademark at this point, but he's never been a Satanist. For a sample, here he is shredding the jackass Mike Pence's Creationist crap:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

He's an interesting guy. He definitely pointed out that what I was taught as the definition of "fact' and "theory" is totally not the whole story, and in some spots wrong. I'd vote for him.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on January 10, 2017, 01:24:48 AM
His look is sort of a trademark at this point, but he's never been a Satanist. For a sample, here he is shredding the jackass Mike Pence's Creationist crap:

Wait a minute! That other guy, Mike Pence, he's the future Vice President of the United States!?  :worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on January 10, 2017, 05:11:01 AM
Wait a minute! That other guy, Mike Pence, he's the future Vice President of the United States!?  :worried:

Yes, isn't that scary?
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

I have heard Pence's Pontifications before but they still shock me.

Politics and religion are bad enough separated, combined there are terrifying!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on January 10, 2017, 06:22:23 AM

Yes, isn't that scary?

Yes, it is scary. I had heard things about him, but I had no idea it was at this level. I'm not the smartest person, but if I'm ever in the Oval Office with him, I can see this thought going through my mind: "I'm not the dumbest mother fucker in this room." :notsure:
--Which is good for me, but not for the country. :shifty:

:sadshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on January 10, 2017, 04:10:33 PM

I'm not the smartest person, but if I'm ever in the Oval Office with him, I can see this thought going through my mind: "I'm not the dumbest mother fucker in this room."

Sadly, that's probably what he'll be thinking when he's in the Oval Office with Trump.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on January 10, 2017, 04:56:31 PM

I'm not the smartest person, but if I'm ever in the Oval Office with him, I can see this thought going through my mind: "I'm not the dumbest mother fucker in this room."

Sadly, that's probably what he'll be thinking when he's in the Oval Office with Trump.

:sad sigh:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on January 10, 2017, 06:22:23 AM

Yes, isn't that scary?

Yes, it is scary. I had heard things about him, but I had no idea it was at this level. I'm not the smartest person, but if I'm ever in the Oval Office with him, I can see this thought going through my mind: "I'm not the dumbest mother fucker in this room." :notsure:
--Which is good for me, but not for the country. :shifty:

:sadshake:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

What can we say about the voters who saddled us with the two goobers?   How about; forgive them lord for they know not what they do. ::)

Aaron Ra is well equipped to blow Mr. Pences doors in. Despite his intellectual superiority there is  no way in hell Ra could be elected to an office in Texas, ........  Wait a minute.  We were pretty sure that Trump could not be elected didn't we? .

That kooky Friedman guy, smart in his own way, has been working on elected office for ages.   Minnesota maybe.....

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on January 10, 2017, 09:59:45 PM
What can we say about the voters who saddled us with the two goobers?   How about; forgive them lord for they know not what they do. ::)

Aaron Ra is well equipped to blow Mr. Pences doors in. Despite his intellectual superiority there is  no way in hell Ra could be elected to an office in Texas, ........  Wait a minute.  We were pretty sure that Trump could not be elected didn't we? .

That kooky Friedman guy, smart in his own way, has been working on elected office for ages.   Minnesota maybe.....

You can be 100% right and have a superior intellect and be ultra-rational and all that.

But, if the people believe otherwise - you might as well just find a comfortable cave and cultivate goats and parsnips.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74