News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Creationist/Flat Earth/Etc Images

Started by Pasta Chick, December 07, 2016, 03:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on December 17, 2016, 04:18:57 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 17, 2016, 03:32:37 AM
I think they should start earlier than 12 years old. . . .

:postoday:

I really enjoyed that, Magdalena:)
Awwwww....

...Recusant, you're embarassing me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Glory to God FSM.  There are some schools and some parents who are working so that the children will be able to determine the difference between truth from fiction.   The future generation need not have their heads up their asses as so many of the college students do with their "safe zones" and mind stifling PC demands.   

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

So, is "roasters" some weird euphemism for bestiality-related issues?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on December 17, 2016, 03:32:37 AM
Quote from: Davin on December 16, 2016, 02:08:09 PM
Yeah, it sucks that our brains work like that. With some effort and time we can train our brains to operate better. Just like talking, reading, mathematics... etc. we should be teaching children (probably after 12 years old), how to apply logic and how to recognize fallacies. I think it's weird that logic is such a small part of school.
I think they should start earlier than 12 years old. I think we should start teaching children how to apply logic and how to recognize fallacies the minute they are born.  :notsure:
I'm not against that, maybe slowly teaching logic by starting simple and getting more complicated as they age.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

^I dunno, I feel like most of them are against recreational drugs even though they might benefit greatly from them.

I can't even figure this next site out. I don't think it's Poe - it's not organized enough. Though to believe it's real, but, here we are.

CAUTION: Due to the general set up of the listed sites, I'm not convinced they aren't crawling with viruses and malware.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 01, 2017, 06:30:46 PM
^I dunno, I feel like most of them are against recreational drugs even though they might benefit greatly from them.

I can't even figure this next site out. I don't think it's Poe - it's not organized enough. Though to believe it's real, but, here we are.

CAUTION: Due to the general set up of the listed sites, I'm not convinced they aren't crawling with viruses and malware.

This one reminds me of a short s-f story.

Aliens landed and offered mankind all kinds of things, the end of food shortage,, transportation to  new colonies etc. But they were careful not to let humans onto their ship until just before departure. However an agent go on, took photos and got back off.

One of the photos was of a book and, after weeks of intensive work, it's title was translated as "How to serve humans". Seemed good, until they translated the blurb on the back - it was a recipe book!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on January 07, 2017, 12:49:29 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 01, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

This one reminds me of a short s-f story.

Aliens landed and offered mankind all kinds of things, the end of food shortage,, transportation to  new colonies etc. But they were careful not to let humans onto their ship until just before departure. However an agent go on, took photos and got back off.

One of the photos was of a book and, after weeks of intensive work, it's title was translated as "How to serve humans". Seemed good, until they translated the blurb on the back - it was a recipe book!

So what were the serving suggestions?
I've told my wife I'd like to eat her thighs,
when she dies, if I'm not already dead.
She's not up for zombie stuff.
Otherwise she's OK, it'd be such a waste,
to bury or incinerate my favourite flesh.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Shades of Stranger in a Strange Land.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Surprised no one posted this yet. Someone made it as a joke but it went viral anyway because people are dumbasses .

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2017, 11:42:50 AM

My favorite part of this is that Aurie apparently thinks the Bible says "the Bible says..." and that the human eye has the ability to see unlimited distance.