News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Ye gods!!!! It's 2018 and an Indian health minister called Himanta Bissau Sama says we get cancer because of the sins of our parents or our own sins from a previous life.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 20, 2018, 11:09:04 AM
Ye gods!!!! It's 2018 and an Indian health minister called Himanta Bissau Sama says we get cancer because of the sins of our parents or our own sins from a previous life.

>:( >:( >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 20, 2018, 11:09:04 AM

There's no cure for stupid, but gaffer tape can muffle the sounds...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

Well I'm stuck waiting to hear back about the worker's comp claim that may or may not have been put through. The doctors won't see me until they get paid. On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is neutral comfort and 10 is blackout pain I reached a 9 today. For a bit I was really worried I might pass out but I made it through on my feet.

I'm thinking about trying to get something for the nausea before work tomorrow. Not being able to keep track of a limb is a very unsettling feeling.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dark Lightning

Man that sucks. I hope it comes out OK. I'm looking at potential foot surgery if the podiatrist can't find enough of or the right kind of injections. That's always been special (both feet have already been surgically altered). Good luck with your claim!

Sandra Craft

I second the "that sucks".  Definitely go for a pain killer, tho I wish there was more they could do for you.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 21, 2018, 11:22:10 AM
It could go further.

Would it work if we taped them to a rocket on its way to Mars?  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 24, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Well I'm stuck waiting to hear back about the worker's comp claim that may or may not have been put through. The doctors won't see me until they get paid. On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is neutral comfort and 10 is blackout pain I reached a 9 today. For a bit I was really worried I might pass out but I made it through on my feet.

I'm thinking about trying to get something for the nausea before work tomorrow. Not being able to keep track of a limb is a very unsettling feeling.

I can only imagine how unsettling it must be!  :( 

:therethere:

Buddy

Today is my first day actually helping customers as a banker. I feel like I've forgotten everything I've learned in training.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on November 24, 2018, 03:52:22 PM
Today is my first day actually helping customers as a banker. I feel like I've forgotten everything I've learned in training.

A bit of practice and it will become second nature.

jumbojak

I left work early today. The nausea from the pain made me sick in the parking lot. Still no word from the worker's comp. I really don't want to do this anymore.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 24, 2018, 10:15:05 PM
I left work early today. The nausea from the pain made me sick in the parking lot. Still no word from the worker's comp. I really don't want to do this anymore.

Is there something you can take for the pain, without the need for a prescription?

Dark Lightning

That's terrible! I hope you get some help soon.