News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What to do with the dead?

Started by Dave, September 10, 2017, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

This dragon is an herbivore, despite her misleading, ferocious-looking fangs. They are only for biting off heads, when needed.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on September 15, 2017, 01:24:11 AM
This dragon is an herbivore, despite her misleading, ferocious-looking fangs. They are only for biting off heads, when needed.

Makes sense, pandas have large canines and they are herbivores.  ;D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus

A while back I addressed my eventual mortality and blew a bunch of pesos on the Neptune Society services.  Both wife and I will be incinerated....not necessarily at the same time mind you. We do not have a death pact.

You can be snookered into buying a future cremation plan for the sum of five to seven hundred dollars. It comes to pass that it is not a cremation plan at all but an insurance policy that provides the funds for the cremation process and nothing else.

It seems that dying is an expensive process because there are all sorts of fees and services that must be paid in addition to the actual carcass cooking process.  Those $595 adds that you see do not cover the other expenses.  Neptune ...at least promises to pick up all the costs, Naturally the deal is much more pricey that the local hustlers who broker the cheap cremation  insurance benefits. 

Neptune promises to deliver my dead body, cost free, from wherever it might be, to a suitable crematory in my area of residence.  I had to buy into that because I might be caught (in my dreams)  in bed with a super hot young chick in Uzbekistan.  Unfortunately her husband discovers the tryst and shoots me with his Kalishnikov.  Several shots actually. He is a jealous bastard who is definitely not into sharing.

Oops I digress. The thread is about the disposition of the remains, not how it became remains.  For my part.... I have several urns of my beloved dogs.  I would be honored to be buried or cast to the winds with them as my ashen companions. 

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is on record as wishing to be buried without embalming or other modifications. No casket or other coverings either. He says that his remains could furnish nourishment to the emerging flora that might be of some small benefit to the remaining world. I like his style in that regard.