News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Hotdog. I don't know what goes into that "meat" but I don't care.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Silver:

Lips, assholes, and any other leftover undesirable remains.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 06, 2017, 12:53:40 AM
Silver:

Lips, assholes, and any other leftover undesirable remains.

Whatever it is, it's gone now. :shifty:

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 06, 2017, 12:27:25 AM

We have something called a "saveloy", a spiced sausage, over here, much like the colour and taste of the hotdog I once had. Also probably a mix of MRM of several origins plus whatever was left over from the proper fast food! They are boiled or steamed and can be up to 10" long.

I had my first ever hotdog at the 1951 Festival of Britain (can remember 7yo self asking if it was really made of dog). Huh, promoting British arts, science and technology and flogging Americanish fast food!  :geezer!: Shudda been a saveloy in a bun!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 06, 2017, 04:28:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 06, 2017, 12:27:25 AM

We have something called a "saveloy", a spiced sausage, over here, much like the colour and taste of the hotdog I once had. Also probably a mix of MRM of several origins plus whatever was left over from the proper fast food! They are boiled or steamed and can be up to 10" long.

I had my first ever hotdog at the 1951 Festival of Britain (can remember 7yo self asking if it was really made of dog). Huh, promoting British arts, science and technology and flogging Americanish fast food!  :geezer!: Shudda been a saveloy in a bun!

Your mention of saveloys brought back some memories. I walked around the block from my flat in Battersea on many evenings to get a saveloy and chips from a small fast food place, after a long day at Chelsea College. I did not bother to do much cooking then.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Lindt chilli flavoured really dark chocolate!

Bought it as a birthday treat for tomorrow but decided to make it a pre-birthday treat just to get me in the mood!

(OK, so I have the won't power of a glutton when it comes to chocolate!)

xSilverPhinx

Scrambled eggs with onions, carrot and bacon cubes. Not exactly very healthy but oh so good!  :yum:

Icarus

The queen bee is out tonight with her lady friends. I had to make my own dinner.  Pretty good it was. Penne pasta with a nice shrimp sauce, laced with Tabasco.  I confess that the shrimp sauce was a frozen product labeled Margueretaville Lime Shrimp.  Really good stuff, easy to prepare, and moderately priced.

Dave

Lunch: Kania smoked ham on triple olive bread with olive oil spread and grapes, toms and spring onions.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Today at the lab one of my colleagues said that the room smelt like BBQ, when there was no way there was a BBQ nearby, a cruel hallucination. 

"You're a vegetarian", I reminded her.

"I know, I just really want a BBQ right now!"

Vegetarians are weird.