News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.

Started by Magdalena, December 14, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 15, 2017, 03:17:45 PM
I think it's also good to try to respect ignores as much as possible by only quoting the relevant portions of the user's posts, that way Mags won't see the complete post of a user she is trying to ignore.
Thank you, Davin, that's very nice of you.
It's no big deal, really. You know I can handle it, I've handled worst, but for some strange reason, right now, I just don't feel like it.   :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2017, 04:00:03 PM
We're (the staff) are looking at an upgrade to the forum to allow members to ignore threads. If Asmo gives his technical blessing it will be added in the near future.

:this:

The ignore function as it is, is inadequate. Hopefully very soon it'll be upgraded to something better. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
I don't currently use it, but anyway I understand Mags, heck I remember my first forum.

Yes, I can see it... :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 15, 2017, 05:33:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2017, 04:00:03 PM
We're (the staff) are looking at an upgrade to the forum to allow members to ignore threads. If Asmo gives his technical blessing it will be added in the near future.

:this:

The ignore function as it is, is inadequate. Hopefully very soon it'll be upgraded to something better. :smilenod:
This is good.

They have the right to say stupidities...

...And I have the right to not want to hear them.

AngelOfDeath

A lot of atheists would be quite in favor of abortion

Tank

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 15, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
...A lot of atheists would be quite in favor of abortion, but not at all of eugenics.  Seems rather strange to me.  ...
Well it's actually very simple. Abortion is about personal choice, eugenics is the exact opposite.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Wow! This is working great for me!  :yes!:
I can either,  "ignore it" or "read it."

Did you guys hear something? I didn't.  :snicker:

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 15, 2017, 08:12:16 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 15, 2017, 07:34:45 PM
Think I heard the sound of silence...
Beautiful!  :levitate:

I heard my timer go off, but that's just tea.

Tea sounds wonderful, right now. I think I'll make some ginger tea.  :tellmemore:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 15, 2017, 08:36:06 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 15, 2017, 08:12:16 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2017, 07:39:40 PM
Quote from: Dave on December 15, 2017, 07:34:45 PM
Think I heard the sound of silence...
Beautiful!  :levitate:

I heard my timer go off, but that's just tea.

"..just tea,"

JUST!?, Tea is never "JUST"!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

No one

IgnoredAngel:
A lot of atheists would be quite in favor of abortion

Do the saviours of these fetuses still champion their rights if they grow up to reveal their passion for the same sex?

Dave