News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: A Different Perspective

Started by Recusant, November 28, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Yay! After a prompt response from xSilverPhinx and hermes2015 we have a theme for the new photo challenge: "A Different Perspective."   :sidesmile:

Up to four photos will be accepted from each member, and you have until the middle of the month of December (say, December 17th) to submit them. Please send them to me via PM or via the email address in my profile: recusantathaf |at| gmail.com.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Bump to help remind you pensive procrastinators that this challenge is still open for entries.  :D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

A theme as wide open to interpretation as this should elicit some good responses. It can be interpreted literally or figuratively.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

I've got a couple pictures ready to submit, but still working on some more. I had an idea for one, but the results were lousy to say the least so it's back to the drawing board, but I'm having fun with this challenge.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 12, 2017, 05:49:25 PM
I've got a couple pictures ready to submit, but still working on some more. I had an idea for one, but the results were lousy to say the least so it's back to the drawing board, but I'm having fun with this challenge.

I'm glad to hear that you are having fun; I guess that's the main reason we have these challenges. This time I've had to drag myself out of the doldrums to get started because of severe pain in an arthritic left hip. With new medication I feel so much better that I've managed to get some entries together and have also enjoyed it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Yeah that works for me....^ Chamelion boxes are evil

hermes2015

This one drives me crazy:

Squares A and B are the same shade.
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Mags ( I think it was Mags)  put up a puzzler similar to  this on another thread nearby. I don't remember which thread... Damned if it doesn't work as claimed.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on December 16, 2017, 04:50:55 AM
Mags ( I think it was Mags)  put up a puzzler similar to  this on another thread nearby. I don't remember which thread... Damned if it doesn't work as claimed.

I don't think I can confirm or deny that.  :notsure:

Here's another one:

One more:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on December 16, 2017, 05:05:21 AM
Quote from: Icarus on December 16, 2017, 04:50:55 AM

I don't think I can confirm or deny that.  :notsure:

Here's another one:

One more:

Does anyone else find this stuff disturbing?
I look at and feel I shouldn't be looking at it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.