News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I am at risk here for defending cops it seems. 

Arturo, cops are not trained to agitate people. On the contrary, they are trained to try to diffuse potentially bad situations.  I concede that there are a few of them who do come across as assholes looking for a way to make themselves superior.  Those bad actors do not last long in my town.

Arturo

At risk for what? We're not going to go to your house and beat you up.

But cops are good at agitating people in a controlled situation, after getting the upper hand in a struggle, ect. They are so good that I'd say it would take some sort of training because when it happens it just looks too systematic, too well put together.

Explain this. And explain how or why those people in the comments are reacting with aggression. The people getting pepper sprayed were not aggressive, and they had nowhere to go. Yet the other cops let him get away with spraying them in the face.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on August 11, 2017, 10:47:16 PM
Arturo, cops are not trained to agitate people. On the contrary, they are trained to try to diffuse potentially bad situations. 
I'm sure that's what they're trained to do, diffuse potentially bad situations. How they interpret that training is another thing.
:grin:

Quote from: Icarus on August 11, 2017, 10:47:16 PM
I concede that there are a few of them who do come across as assholes looking for a way to make themselves superior.  Those bad actors do not last long in my town.
I'm sure they don't, they are transferred to what you call the "wrong neighborhoods."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Martin Lawrence is as funny as losing both balls to testicular cancer.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on August 12, 2017, 09:18:07 AM
:lol:
OK. Maybe Martin Lawrence is as funny as losing both balls to testicular cancer, but the message here is racism by police officers and there's nothing funny about that. That's why there is rap, it tells the world about it and a lot of people don't want to hear it because it doesn't affect them...until it does.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 12, 2017, 09:18:10 PM

Apparently that's hilarious lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Right now we have some shit going down in Charlottesville Virginia. So far the police have exercised restraint but they dare not let the situation escalate beyond reasonable control. Mace and pepper spray is flying in both directions. The spray is being shot by each opposing side of the conflict, not the police.....yet.

Breaking news: at this time, 4 PM Saturday, 20 people hospitalized, one dead.  Serious stuff. What would you have law enforcement do? 

This is a damned shame. That town is ordinarily peaceful and orderly. It is the home of Univ. Of Virginia, one of the oldest and most genteel of schools.

Arturo's vid has a link to another vid that shows cops in training. They are being shot with pepper spray and otherwise harmed. The idea is for the cops to know first hand how it feels to be sprayed in the eyes or beaten. The premise is that they will be more compassionate when they encounter a conflict.

Degree of police response is to be entirely dependent on the potential danger of the encounter. Assessing the degree of danger, I suspect, is one of the most difficult instant decisions during the heat of a confrontation. That is probably a major cause of some of the abuses and disproportionate actions taken by the cops. Those cases are the ones that get the most headlines. This is definitely not to suggest that police brutality or even unnecessary abuse is to be tolerated at any time or any place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQqY-4MYwQc 

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on August 12, 2017, 09:31:05 PM

I'm not a guy so I don't know how funny that is, but I have a feeling No one is just being sarcastic.  :shifty:
~I could be wrong, maybe some people do find losing both balls to testicular cancer funny. --You never know.

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on August 12, 2017, 10:15:42 PM
Quote from: Arturo on August 12, 2017, 09:31:05 PM

I'm not a guy so I don't know how funny that is, but I have a feeling No one is just being sarcastic.  :shifty:
~I could be wrong, maybe some people do find losing both balls to testicular cancer funny. --You never know.

It's the delivery that counts. Pun intended? Or pun not intended?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on August 12, 2017, 09:49:17 PM
Right now we have some shit going down in Charlottesville Virginia....
What kind of shit?  :eyebrow:

Icarus

Quote from: Magdalena on August 13, 2017, 03:11:14 AM

White supremacists and opposing group who are doing some "bad shit"  One of the WS creeps used a car to run down some people, killed one injured about eight or ten more, some severely injured. Lunatic driver captured by police before he could be dismembered by crowd.  Viginia state police helicopter observing the melee, crashed, killed two officers.

Arturo

I heard about that. Not that surprised but pretty pissed about the whole thing.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2017, 05:53:45 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 13, 2017, 03:11:14 AM

White supremacists and opposing group who are doing some "bad shit"  One of the WS creeps used a car to run down some people, killed one injured about eight or ten more, some severely injured. Lunatic driver captured by police before he could be dismembered by crowd.  Viginia state police helicopter observing the melee, crashed, killed two officers.

Quote from: Arturo on August 13, 2017, 06:18:43 AM
I heard about that. Not that surprised but pretty pissed about the whole thing.

Very sad, isn't it?
I think Colorado's Senator, Cory Gardner summarized it well, he Tweeted:
QuoteMr. President - we must call evil by its name. These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.

No one

mags:
That's why there is rap, it tells the world about it

So they produce a really shitty sound to depict really shitty circumstances?

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on August 13, 2017, 06:32:42 AM
mags:
That's why there is rap, it tells the world about it

So they produce a really shitty sound to depict really shitty circumstances?