News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i ve never heard this. why not?

super interesting. watching musicians as they make the music is fascinating to me.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on February 21, 2020, 09:38:33 PM
i ve never heard this. why not?

super interesting. watching musicians as they make the music is fascinating to me.

I have always loved this important composition by Debussy and have quite a few recordings of it. My favourite is by the Hagen Quartet, in terms of performance and recording quality. You will find that it is often paired with the Ravel String Quartet in F major. When I was young the big, fiery works by Stravinsky, Mahler, or Holst appealed; now that I am older I am listening more to chamber music like this Debussy string quartet. I adore Debussy and Ravel's music, but can also recommend Schubert's chamber music if you want to try something from the 19th century.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

The first movement of the Ravel String Quartet in F I mentioned.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on February 21, 2020, 05:27:13 PM
That's a good one.

From 1987, this is one of my favorites.

That's a good one, I like this one

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

as an ex-drug addict, this piece speaks to me.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Mr. B

Quote from: billy rubin on February 22, 2020, 11:19:49 PM

as an ex-drug addict, this piece speaks to me.

That's Elon Musk's girlfriend. She is getting close to bringing a little more musk into the world.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

For my beloved barrios de California.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Quote from: Mr. B on January 06, 1975, 02:34:30 PM

That's Elon Musk's girlfriend. She is getting close to bringing a little more musk into the world.

i did not know that

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on February 24, 2020, 04:43:28 AM

lol

my spanish is way rusty. aqui no perzonas saben wspanol. nada. miz ninos peudan hablar mas de yo

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on February 24, 2020, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 24, 2020, 04:43:28 AM

lol

my spanish is way rusty. aqui no perzonas saben wspanol. nada. miz ninos peudan hablar mas de yo

my spanish is way rusty.

Quoteaqui no perzonas saben wspanol.
Aqui nadie sabe Español.
Quotenada
Nada.

Quotemiz ninos peudan hablar mas de yo
Mis niños pueden hablarlo mas que yo.
:grin:

No está mal, billy rubin. Pero si no hay nadie para hablarlo, es más difícil practicarlo y aprenderlo. Nunca visité San José California, algun día voy. Dijo que se fue de California porque la renta es muy alta, hoy dice que por problemas de pandillas pero que extraña el clima de aqui. A mi me encanta California, la diversidad de su gente, sus paisajes y su clima.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

si, en ohio, hay algunos personas de mexico o guatamala en las oil fields, y tambien muchas prsonas de texas. cuando vivo california, se renta en san jose, los gatos, dos palos, y los banos . . .

lol

pero las rentas y las casas alli no son muy barato. una casa in san jose ahora es $500,000 a comprar, y la renta median es $3000 por mes.

ahora tengo una casa en el pais, dos graneros, 25 acres con arboras y pastos. no tengo inodoro  y la casa es una ruina, pero poseemos toto.

y ohio es bonita, no como california, pero sufficiente. no me gusta el frio.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on February 24, 2020, 10:28:58 PM
si, en ohio, hay algunos personas de mexico o guatamala en las oil fields, y tambien muchas prsonas de texas. cuando vivo california, se renta en san jose, los gatos, dos palos, y los banos . . .

lol

pero las rentas y las casas alli no son muy barato. una casa in san jose ahora es $500,000 a comprar, y la renta median es $3000 por mes.

ahora tengo una casa en el pais, dos graneros, 25 acres con arboras y pastos. no tengo inodoro  y la casa es una ruina, pero poseemos toto.

y ohio es bonita, no como california, pero sufficiente. no me gusta el frio.

billy rubin

that wasnt bad, it sucked

most of my espanol consists of stuff like donde esta la llave de pipa?

o
si, son colmenas. no, mi camion no va mas rapido, lo siento

i lived and worked in the agriculture, so everybody spoke spanish

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on February 24, 2020, 11:49:15 PM

o

:snicker:
No está tan mal, he visto peores, como éste:

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on February 24, 2020, 11:49:15 PM

o

Solo una cosa más, conose a mariachis, pandilleros y gente que trabaja en el campo, conose un narco tambien?
:notsure: