xSilverPhinx

It's 21:40 and I need caffeine!  :desert:

Something tells me it's a bad idea at this hour, though. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 13, 2019, 01:41:18 AM

If I had caffeine (assuming for the sake of argument that I was even conscious at that hour), I'd be up all night!. On the other hand, my wife and one of our sons can drink coffee or hot chocolate and then go to bed. I cannot consume caffeine after 12:30 if I expect to get to sleep by 9 PM. By the same token, if I don't have caffeine at 12:30, I will fall asleep long before that...... :offtobed:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 13, 2019, 02:54:39 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 13, 2019, 01:41:18 AM

If I had caffeine (assuming for the sake of argument that I was even conscious at that hour), I'd be up all night!. On the other hand, my wife and one of our sons can drink coffee or hot chocolate and then go to bed. I cannot consume caffeine after 12:30 if I expect to get to sleep by 9 PM. By the same token, if I don't have caffeine at 12:30, I will fall asleep long before that...... :offtobed:

Turned out to be a bad idea...I tossed and turned all night with googly eyes wide open.

jumbojak

I tried getting some sun on my legs so I can wear shorts in public but I may have overdone it a bit. Have another forty five minutes of mowing to go too.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

I had my first Jiu-Jitsu class yesterday. Lost track of how many times I was caught in triangle chokes, but I think I might be hooked...

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 18, 2019, 10:51:00 PM
I had my first Jiu-Jitsu class yesterday. Lost track of how many times I was caught in triangle chokes, but I think I might be hooked...

Good work!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Wow!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Sounds like fun! :tellmemore:

(Getting hooked, not caught in triangle chokes :P)

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 19, 2019, 03:01:28 PM

You should try it. It is a very humbling experience but fun.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 19, 2019, 03:31:10 PM

Only if I'm the one giving triangle chokes!  ;D

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 19, 2019, 04:23:29 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 19, 2019, 03:31:10 PM

Only if I'm the one giving triangle chokes!  ;D

You'd get there eventually...

Bluenose

With the 50th anniversary of the moon landing coming up tomorrow (it's already the 20th in Aus, but that's time zones for you), I was excited to receive in the mail this week my "mini museum" which contains a very small piece of the foil that covered the Apollo 11 command module.  This foil was mostly burnt off during re-entry and some of the engineers who decommissioned the capsule were given sections of what remained.  One of these auctioned his piece and it is some of that which I have in my hot little hand.  I could open the acrylic box and touch it, but it is very fragile so I'm happy to just look on my tiny piece of history!  8) :grin:
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Bluenose on July 20, 2019, 01:17:23 AM
With the 50th anniversary of the moon landing coming up tomorrow (it's already the 20th in Aus, but that's time zones for you), I was excited to receive in the mail this week my "mini museum" which contains a very small piece of the foil that covered the Apollo 11 command module.  This foil was mostly burnt off during re-entry and some of the engineers who decommissioned the capsule were given sections of what remained.  One of these auctioned his piece and it is some of that which I have in my hot little hand.  I could open the acrylic box and touch it, but it is very fragile so I'm happy to just look on my tiny piece of history!  8) :grin:

Hot damn, that's pretty cool!

hermes2015

I would love to see a photo of it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 20, 2019, 04:49:38 AM

I would love to see a photo of it.
Wow!  :tellmemore: Me too.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant