News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Um...

Started by Nam, February 19, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

I made one of these in 2012...I just read it. I forgot my password here so ended up having to change it just to get in. So, based on my last "Introduction", I went back to wwgha who then banned me for life last December, early-mid, don't remember. I was a bad boy.

I then went to IGI but I don't really feel comfortable there, and went to atheist think tank where I became a Global Moderator but it's practically dead there. Trying to figure out how to raise it from the dead but until then...I need to argue. Arguing with myself gets me no where -- I simultaneously win and lose -- no fun in that.

So...maybe some here will like to argue with me from time to time.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Tank

Oh I'm sure that there are quite a few who will love a good old argument here. Just keep it civil.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Nam

I'll be as civil as I can be.

-Nam

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 08:39:35 AM

-Nam
Actually you'll be un-civil as the staff will allow  :grin:

[youtube width=500]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/youtube]
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean Prime

The Asmo is known to punish the uncivil ones. FEAR HIM!!11!ONE!!1!  >:(

Siz

I'm semi-retired from argument these days, but let me know if you'd like some snark.

What if everyone here agrees with you? What're you gonna do then?

Welcome, I s'pose.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: Siz on February 19, 2016, 12:57:46 PM
I'm semi-retired from argument these days, but let me know if you'd like some snark.

Welcome, I s'pose.

The veiled snide? In your case it's like wearing a burqa on a beach.

-

Hello Nam.
Retired member.

Nam

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2016, 09:13:20 AM

-Nam

You don't know me very well. People consider me an asshole and a troll. I'm more likely the former.

-Nam

Nam

Welcome, I s'pose.

No one ever does. As the head administrator banned me for life he called me a "decent man". If I'm so " decent", why did he ban me. Because I told him to fuck off?

-Nam

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 05:27:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2016, 09:13:20 AM

-Nam

You don't know me very well. People consider me an asshole and a troll. I'm more likely the former.

-Nam
I don't know you at all. And the reverse applies to. You don't know me either. But if you overdo the 'asshole and a troll.' You'll find yet another forum door slamming on your arse. However, one needs a little spice to make a good curry so at the moment you're not a problem. But if I have to waste my valuable time batting down fires you start I will ban you without so much as a blink of an eye.

Tank

Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 05:29:53 PM

Welcome, I s'pose.

No one ever does. As the head administrator banned me for life he called me a "decent man". If I'm so " decent", why did he ban me. Because I told him to fuck off?

-Nam
That would do it.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2016, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Nam on February 19, 2016, 05:29:53 PM

Welcome, I s'pose.

-Nam
That would do it.

Just pretend you like dogs and minorities, Nam, and you'll be fine. And don't even think about defending enforced population control!

So far, you've told us you're a bad boy, and any ban is definitely worth boasting (I've taken a ban from a Satanist forum myself before), but can we see some banworthy posts? Maybe tell us your opinions on, say, ...er... smelly fat women.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Firebird

How about music? Do you like music? Perhaps even love it?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Siz

Quote from: Firebird on February 19, 2016, 07:41:58 PM

Ah, I get where you're going with that... Good one FB!

Edit: Actually I don't think so. MLA was much later than Nam's 2012 posts.
As you were...

Firebird

Quote from: Siz on February 19, 2016, 08:03:24 PM
Quote from: Firebird on February 19, 2016, 07:41:58 PM

Ah, I get where you're going with that... Good one FB!

Edit: Actually I don't think so. MLA was much later than Nam's 2012 posts.
As you were...

More a tribute. I don't think it's the same person, just reminded me a bit. Sorry Nam, inside joke
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"