News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello, everyone.

Started by Smartmarzipan, October 07, 2010, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smartmarzipan

Hi, there, everybody.

I've been an atheist for about 5-6 years. I'm actually here searching out other message boards because, well, I've become a little disillusioned with my regular online home. I'm a mod/admin for another atheist forum, but I'm looking for a place with a lot less negativity, less frustration, etc. (Where I'm at now seems like a rowdy frat party half of the time, and not in a good way.) A lot of things have been bothering me lately, and I think I need to branch out and talk to some other people. Really, I just feel the need to calm my ass down, but I don't want to stop being a part of the online atheist community. I don't plan on leaving the other forum, but I just seem to keep arguing with the same people over and over and over again. So, here I am expanding my horizons and attempting to get some fresh ideas, views, and conversation. Anyway.....*waves* Hello!

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Howdy sprout, pull up a pew and chill!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pinkocommie

Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Category

Welcome, I'm new here as well but it looks like everyone is beyond friendly and helpful! Hope you get the same treatment I've received in my short time here, and enjoy your stay<3  :bananacolor:
I ask theists if God is omnipotent. They say yes.
I ask theists if God loves us. They say yes.
I read the news paper or look on the web or remember other people's sad stories or remember things that happened to me...and I see that no omnipotent entity loves us.
I ask theists if they can prove their god. They can't.
So, I have excellent reason to

The Magic Pudding

Greetings fellow edible atheist.

skwurll

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll love it here.

chrome

Welcome welcome  :) This place seems pretty chill and is a great place to share your thoughts.

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I'm a mod/admin for another atheist forum...

Which one may I ask?

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "chrome"Welcome welcome  :) This place seems pretty chill and is a great place to share your thoughts.

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I'm a mod/admin for another atheist forum...

Which one may I ask?

Thanks, everyone!

I'm over at AtheistForums.com

If you've ever been there, you'll know that it's pretty crazy and outlandish at times.

wildfire_emissary

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find this place very hospitable. We only use whips, maces and crown of thorns, you'll end up in the hospital. lol
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire