News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

It's 2:39 AM in Los Angeles. I can't sleep. :count sheep:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on May 11, 2019, 10:41:33 AM
It's 2:39 AM in Los Angeles. I can't sleep. :count sheep:

"A car parking fringe benefit will generally arise if an employer provides car parking to an employee and all the following conditions are satisfied:

the car is parked at premises that are owned or leased by, or otherwise under the control of, the provider (usually the employer)
    the car is parked for a total of more than four hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm on any day
    the car is owned by, leased to, or otherwise under the control of, an employee, or is provided by the employer
    the parking is provided in respect of the employee's employment
    the car is parked at or near the employee's primary place of employment on that day
    the car is used by the employee to travel between home and work (or work and home) at least once on that day
    there is a commercial parking station that charges a fee for all-day parking within 1 kilometre of the premises on which the car is parked and 
        the commercial parking station fee for all-day parking is more than the car parking threshold, and
        at the beginning of the fringe benefits tax (FBT) year, the commercial parking station fee for all-day parking was more than the car parking threshold."
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

And then,  :shhh: someone is sleeping!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Is Mags still sleeping? :worried:

If so it's all BPII's fault.  :foottap:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

:lol:

I studied math and physics without falling asleep, but that legal stuff worked on me!

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Generally, there is nothing that will put you to sleep quicker than reading a statute, an HR/Compliance rule, or a government regulation.  I'm an attorney, and even I find it boring.  The people who come up with that stuff are dangerous at some level.

Buddy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2019, 04:43:59 PM
Generally, there is nothing that will put you to sleep quicker than reading a statute, an HR/Compliance rule, or a government regulation.  I'm an attorney, and even I find it boring.  The people who come up with that stuff are dangerous at some level.

When I give people who open new accounts their disclosures I always tell them to keep them for a night that they can't sleep.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Buddy on May 13, 2019, 05:49:13 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 13, 2019, 04:43:59 PM

When I give people who open new accounts their disclosures I always tell them to keep them for a night that they can't sleep.

Ha! Yeah, long forms will do the trick.

Bad Penny II

Our Bob has died, prime minister 11 March 1983 – 20 December 1991.
Nostalgia aside those were better days, other places suffered Reagan and Thatcher we had Bob.
Vale Bob.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

I just requested off two days in June for the gas and steam engine show. Long term forecast is calling for rain though. Thunderstorms, specifically.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on May 18, 2019, 08:38:48 PM
I just requested off two days in June for the gas and steam engine show. Long term forecast is calling for rain though. Thunderstorms, specifically.

I hope the weather turns out ok and thus we'll get lots of photos!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

I'm in charge today at work. How terrifying.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Resist the urge tarde tyranny.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz