News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Insomnia

Started by xSilverPhinx, October 07, 2019, 05:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

So, is there like an Insomniacs Anonymous thread somewhere in this forum?   :bigspecs:

:wave hi: Hello, all. My name is xSilverPhinx and I am an insomniac. It's 1 a.m. I really should have resisted the urge to drink all that caffeine just a couple of hours ago. I really don't think I've blinked this past minute. Not too sure.  :watching: I've tried the sheepometry technique, when that didn't work I switched to counting badgers instead, but that only led to the Badger song playing over and over in my head.

For those who haven't had the pleasure of hearing the song, here it is:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I just yawned right now. Could that be a sign of better things to come?:notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I remember that from the early 00s, back when flash was getting big. Many great flash cartoons from back then.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on October 07, 2019, 04:26:48 PM
I remember that from the early 00s, back when flash was getting big. Many great flash cartoons from back then.

Yeah...it's been playing in my head since.  :headshake:

;)

Recusant

I've been an insomniac my entire life. Being up in the middle of the night can be OK, but being sleepy in the afternoon is a drag.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 07, 2019, 11:59:21 PM
I've been an insomniac my entire life. Being up in the middle of the night can be OK, but being sleepy in the afternoon is a drag.

Yeah, it sucks. Do you take a nap during the day at some point?

Today it was nearly midday when I woke up. ::) Probably going to be up late another night, this time without the excessive caffeine.

xSilverPhinx

So much for not consuming excessive caffeine. ::) I'm hopeless. 

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 12:04:04 AM
Quote from: Recusant on October 07, 2019, 11:59:21 PM

Yeah, it sucks. Do you take a nap during the day at some point?

Today it was nearly midday when I woke up. ::) Probably going to be up late another night, this time without the excessive caffeine.

When I'm in the UK, I sometimes get a bit of a nap in the afternoon. Not so in the US.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

I've been getting better, up to 5-6 hours of sleep a night on average. I only slept for 3 and a half hours last night though.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

Get a night time job.

I've been an insomniac for ages, I work a graveyard shift. It's a perfect combination.  Add in some intense workout sessions, and you'll sleep pretty well.

Davin

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 08, 2019, 04:06:37 PM
Get a night time job.

Wouldn't work for me. Have you ever tried to handle a bunch of rats while they're fully awake? :panic: No thank you!  :nu-uh:

No one

Have you met some of my coworkers?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 08, 2019, 08:45:32 PM

:notsure: I don't think I have...do they bite? :grin:

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 11:40:02 PM
Quote from: No one on October 08, 2019, 08:45:32 PM