News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 06, 2018, 02:39:21 AM
I find its better to run on zero sleep than very little sleep compared to what you would normally get in a night. Something kicks in to keep you going. A certain, quiet ferocity awakens. It might just be stress but it works well for me.

Agreed. Though that quiet ferocity usually does result in me generally biting someone's head off. It's like operating on Primal Mode. :hulk:

Thankfully I don't turn green. I don't do green.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or something else, but I feel a little edgy today, and easily irritable. This morning, during my hour-long commute people talking on the bus next to me really got on my nerves. Today I should have just stayed home.

jumbojak

I feel like that every day once I get to work! It's usually due to one particular colleague. That special person who can get on your nerves without even trying.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Silver, some earbuds with pleasing music can partially blot out the annoying talk of the other bus riders. No?

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 07, 2018, 12:33:45 AM
I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or something else, but I feel a little edgy today, and easily irritable. This morning, during my hour-long commute people talking on the bus next to me really got on my nerves. Today I should have just stayed home.

It must be something about today. I was soooo close to just not coming into work today.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Murderous rage setting in at work! MIGHT NOT BE GOOD.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 07, 2018, 05:47:38 AM
Silver, some earbuds with pleasing music can partially blot out the annoying talk of the other bus riders. No?

Yes, I usually listen to music during commutes, that day was no different. But I could still hear their blabbering even with the music playing.

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

All's well again. You can come out from under the chair. Not sure how I managed to calm myself down, but I did it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on December 08, 2018, 02:10:29 AM
All's well again. You can come out from under the chair. Not sure how I managed to calm myself down, but I did it.

Yabut, that dumpster out back is still whimpering in fear... :P

I've had times before I sort of got my temper under control where some things got mighty broken. I've learned what the triggers are and when to avoid the trouble. I think that most of it came from my upbringing (and overcoming most of it), because my three sons don't evince much of this behavior. It wasn't easy.

Buddy

I just opened my first account for a customer completely solo. It was so nerve wracking.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 08, 2018, 03:53:23 PM
I just opened my first account for a customer completely solo. It was so nerve wracking.

Way to go Buddy!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

I already advised you, onward and upward Buddy.   Proud of you.  You go girl!

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Feeling sad today over Dave's death. He had been suffering for weeks and I really hope he didn't suffer even more as he passed away.