Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 25, 2018, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 24, 2018, 10:15:05 PM
I left work early today. The nausea from the pain made me sick in the parking lot. Still no word from the worker's comp. I really don't want to do this anymore.

Is there something you can take for the pain, without the need for a prescription?

Ibuprofen helps a bit. Not much though. I'm seriously considering getting some pot. It's been a long time since I was into that though.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

Quote from: jumbojak on November 25, 2018, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 25, 2018, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 24, 2018, 10:15:05 PM
I left work early today. The nausea from the pain made me sick in the parking lot. Still no word from the worker's comp. I really don't want to do this anymore.

Is there something you can take for the pain, without the need for a prescription?

Ibuprofen helps a bit. Not much though. I'm seriously considering getting some pot. It's been a long time since I was into that though.

Can you get CBD in your state? I got some when I was desperate with migraines and it helped some. 
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I don't think I can. I mean, I know I can but not legally.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

My sister is getting sued for conning one of her clients. She advertises her services as a tutor, asks to be paid upfront (hundreds, sometimes thousands of bucks), gives one or two classes...and disappears. Her clients never see the colour of their money again.

Strangely, I don't feel bad for her. She deserves what she's getting.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I have a brother who does similar things. He once convinced a dealer to front him $200 worth of bull seen he never intended to pay for. That's an awkward conversation to have with the dealer when you're getting the tanks filled with liquid nitrogen...

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2018, 12:48:10 AM
My sister is getting sued for conning one of her clients. She advertises her services as a tutor, asks to be paid upfront (hundreds, sometimes thousands of bucks), gives one or two classes...and disappears. Her clients never see the colour of their money again.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime!

Are you sure you two share the same father?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 28, 2018, 08:52:03 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2018, 12:48:10 AM

If you can't do the time don't do the crime!

Are you sure you two share the same father?

Yes, though our father has disowned her. Not that it matters to her, they haven't spoken in years...besides the couple of times she asked him for money. He says no and she severs all contact with him.

She's a monster -- and has caused us a lot of grief.

I hope she gets sued until she learns that actions do have consequences, a concept she seems unable to grasp.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 28, 2018, 12:56:10 AM
I have a brother who does similar things. He once convinced a dealer to front him $200 worth of bull seen he never intended to pay for. That's an awkward conversation to have with the dealer when you're getting the tanks filled with liquid nitrogen...

Sorry, do you mean bull semen? :notsure:

The awkwardness of the conversation you're referring to will vary depending on if that was a typo or not. :P

jumbojak

Yep, frozen bull semen for artificial insemination!

Had to do an edit to fix the autocorrect...

jumbojak

I'm trying ebay again to see if I can pick up some needed equipment at a good price. I'm going for the "worn" examples in hopes that the collectors will be less likely to bid up the price. Time will tell if I am successful.

Buddy

Ebay has been extremely hit or miss the last few years. I have a really hard time actually finding decent used equipment.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Anytime I've bid on something other bidders swoop in and jack the price way, WAY up at the end. Might stick with it this time and try persistence.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on November 28, 2018, 11:00:54 PM
Yep, frozen bull semen for artificial insemination!

Had to do an edit to fix the autocorrect...

:lol:

Bluenose

Quote from: jumbojak on November 29, 2018, 02:31:28 PM
Anytime I've bid on something other bidders swoop in and jack the price way, WAY up at the end. Might stick with it this time and try persistence.

I've found that the best option is to not bid on any auction items early on, it only tells others that someone's interested.  Then log in a couple of minutes before the end of the auction, decide how much you're prepared to pay, set the upper limit of your bid and then bid just over the current highest bid about 5-10 seconds before the end of the auction.  I have found this to be a successful strategy on quite a few occasions without spending more than I am prepared to.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

jumbojak

Jeebus, the local cops shot a 2 by 4 welding man at the ferry so now the boat is out of service. I guess I can sleep in my car tonight...