News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Perhaps too introspective.

Started by Hector Valdez, July 14, 2012, 04:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I don't really get what you're saying. You lost your house?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Firebird

Quote from: Ali on July 17, 2012, 10:40:20 PM
This seems a bit like vaguebooking to me.  :P

Ha, I never heard that term before. Love it
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dobermonster

Quote from: Ali on July 17, 2012, 10:40:20 PM
This seems a bit like vaguebooking to me.  :P
That's it! That's the word I was looking for.

RR, if you're going through some rough times (which is how I interpreted the OP), and want some feedback or support, it's ok to talk plainly - I think there's some very empathetic people here. You may be a very introspective person (I am the same), but indulging it during stress can lead to greater depression. Try to stand back from the situation and analyze it as if you were an observer; discuss it rationally. 

xSilverPhinx

Vaguebooking...I wasn't familiar with that before.

I don't like vague messages, but they perk up my curiosity. Interesting in themselves.

Sweetdeath

The heck.. I want to understand you, but i just can't seem to grasp at what you're getting at.  >:(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ecurb Noselrub

I think you have made a proper self-diagnosis. You can't maintain the energy/interest level up to do what you plan/want to do because you are wasting all your energy on introspection. Just do it. Get 'er done.

Stevil

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 14, 2012, 04:07:07 AM
I find it difficult, at times, to maintain momentum over things to which I wish to aspire. The deed I've held to the house of hope I so fervently to occupy has slipped beyond my grasp. What's worse, the hand that dropped the paper down the stormdrain knew the fruit of all it's labor. What good is a deed to housing not my own? And so, with such a frequent repitition, do I turn to other projefts. I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind.

Yet nothing really changes. I am speaking of my nature, tending towards impulse as it is. But might that fault of mine still lead to greater changes? With hope, it will.
Time for Stevil's translator service

RenegeReversi, has lost hope towards achieving a goal.
He is frustrated because finds himself often distracted by other things, hence not moving towards his goal, possibly moving away.

With regards to
"I, perhaps am just an introspective individual, with tad too much an introspective mind."
I am unsure if he is stating that his goal is unachievable because he is too introspective, for example, following church doctrine would be difficult for a person with opinions of their own or maybe he doubts himself and his abilities thus talks himself out of the hope of achievement.
Or whether he is stating that he should just move on and not dwell on his lost goal.
???

Is that how others read it?

Hector Valdez

Stevil hit the nail precisely on its head, I fear.

Sweetdeath

I can speak English, Japanese, Elvish and a bit of Klinganese. But i cannot translate this. Thanks, Stevil!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Stevil

Couldn't be done - Tim Finn

We had no idea that it couldn't be done
And we needed to find a like minded someone
Who had no idea that it couldn't be done

Now the coast is clear and the case has been won
And we've lost our fear that it couldn't be done
All we needed to find a like minded someone
Who had no idea it couldn't be done, no idea
Who said it couldn't be done

The Black Jester

Quote from: Stevil on July 20, 2012, 12:55:19 AM
Couldn't be done - Tim Finn

We had no idea that it couldn't be done
And we needed to find a like minded someone
Who had no idea that it couldn't be done

Now the coast is clear and the case has been won
And we've lost our fear that it couldn't be done
All we needed to find a like minded someone
Who had no idea it couldn't be done, no idea
Who said it couldn't be done

A nice response to the OP, Stevil.  Well played.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Firebird

Quote from: RenegeReversi on July 20, 2012, 12:10:39 AM
Stevil hit the nail precisely on its head, I fear.

Hey, I wasn't far off. Partial credit? :)

Anyway, not trying to downplay how you're feeling. I'm sorry you are, and I've been there. Personally, I moved on to another goal, and later realized the original one wasn't what I wanted anymore anyway (how's that for being vague?)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Wow Stevil, I'm impressed ;D

That's the thing about goal, not all are worth keeping. If there aren't any very clear answers it's because it probably is time to pack up and move on.

Hector Valdez

I actually feel a little better about it right now. I've started a project: writing a book about finance economics, of which I have a good background in.