News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hello one and all.

Started by Madbunny, March 26, 2018, 09:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madbunny

Hello one and all.

I'm not new to religious forums, nor the shall we say 'repetitive' nature of arguments that one finds on them.  Lets just say I don't have a lot of patience any more with Anselm, the Watchmaker, or the god of gaps arguments.  That said, if people want to believe in something delusional, that makes them happy but has zero impact on my, or anybody else's life I say knock  yourself out, just don't be surprised when you're called out on believing delusional things.

Generally speaking though, I tend to focus on religion and politics, or religion and science when I do engage online.  I'm an atheist, or at BEST one could call me an ignostic, in that thus far most who are faithful haven't even properly managed to describe their own deity enough to discuss said deity.  No real surprise, at least in the US, where the vast majority of self described Christians are cafeteria Christians, engaging in their various forms of S.P.A.G.  Highlighting hypocrisy seems to be the order of the day, and while there are more people I know of the facebook, it isn't a very good erm...forum for discussion.  Mostly for cat pictures and what was for dinner It would seem.

I'm not sure how welcoming the forum is to using images to highlight an argument, but its a habit that I've developed over quite a few years.  Feel free to tell me to tone it down if this becomes an issue.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Recusant

Quote from: Madbunny on March 26, 2018, 09:20:38 AM
Hello one and all.

I'm not new to religious forums, nor the shall we say 'repetitive' nature of arguments that one finds on them.  Lets just say I don't have a lot of patience any more with Anselm, the Watchmaker, or the god of gaps arguments.  That said, if people want to believe in something delusional, that makes them happy but has zero impact on my, or anybody else's life I say knock  yourself out, just don't be surprised when you're called out on believing delusional things.

Generally speaking though, I tend to focus on religion and politics, or religion and science when I do engage online.  I'm an atheist, or at BEST one could call me an ignostic, in that thus far most who are faithful haven't even properly managed to describe their own deity enough to discuss said deity.  No real surprise, at least in the US, where the vast majority of self described Christians are cafeteria Christians, engaging in their various forms of S.P.A.G.  Highlighting hypocrisy seems to be the order of the day, and while there are more people I know of the facebook, it isn't a very good erm...forum for discussion.  Mostly for cat pictures and what was for dinner It would seem.

I'm not sure how welcoming the forum is to using images to highlight an argument, but its a habit that I've developed over quite a few years.  Feel free to tell me to tone it down if this becomes an issue.

Hello and welcome to HAF, Madbunny. A more or less appropriate seasonal addition to the membership of this site who I hope will last well after the season has passed.  :grin:

Images are fine, though heavy use of GIFs can be problematic for some whose internet connections have limited bandwidth (we have at least one thread devoted to those who enjoy GIFs as a medium of communication).

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

Welcome, Madbunny!  You seem to be the kind of person we get along with here.

Bluenose

G'day Madbunny, welcome to our little corner of the Internet.  I hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to reading your posts.  I think you might find this is a bit of a sanctuary from those things that you say you have lost patience for.  We don't have any patience for those non-arguments either!  :D
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Hello and welcome to the forum, Madbunny! :wave hi:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

MadBunny, love it!

Welcome to HAF
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Welcome, Madbunny. I hope you will like it here.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Hello one and all.

...Highlighting hypocrisy seems to be the order of the day, and while there are more people I know of the facebook, it isn't a very good erm...forum for discussion.  Mostly for cat pictures and what was for dinner It would seem...

Hello and Welcome to our little forum Madbunny8)

I think you will be happy to learn that the posting of kat-pictures, kat-gifs, or kat-memes on our forum is strictly prohibited.

With that said I hope you'll like it here and see you around the forums!

Bruno
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Welcome, Madbunny.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 26, 2018, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 26, 2018, 02:41:51 PM

You are in danger of being called a Bastet by Bruno.

Oh, yes! I can be a right little Bastet at times!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on March 26, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 26, 2018, 03:01:20 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 26, 2018, 02:41:51 PM

You are in danger of being called a Bastet by Bruno.

Oh, yes! I can be a right little Bastet at times!

Offensive Image has been removed, "Ya Bastard"!

As you can see MadBunny some rules here are not followed, nor taken seriously,...part of the problem are these chaps from England who traded in their "Man-Cards" for cute kitten pictures...I don't understand it all.

Quote from: Magdalena on March 26, 2018, 07:47:11 PM

Welcome, Madbunny.

I suspect that Mags has found her soul-mate with MadBunny...or maybe we should say, "Giffy Mate". ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dragonia

Hello, Madbunny, with a Kitty icon   ;D
I look forward to reading more of what's in your brain!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Madbunny

Quote from: Dragonia on March 29, 2018, 01:15:55 AM
Hello, Madbunny, with a Kitty icon   ;D
I look forward to reading more of what's in your brain!

Well, you're supposed to start with an introductory thread right?  HELL-O kitty.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.