News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Post a screen shot of your Desktop

Started by DeterminedJuliet, February 19, 2012, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on January 16, 2019, 02:02:07 AM
Silver, you aint' got no damned snow leopards in Brazil.  For shame.  You do have some bad ass  felines that might be more appropriate for your geographic position.

Yeah, but they're just so beautiful!  8)

I suppose I could add rain particles to a wallpaper pic of a jaguar or something. :notsure: Maybe my next project. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Caliasseia

Hmm, no facility for attachments. Bummer.
Bad ideas exist to be destroyed ...

Tank

Quote from: Caliasseia on January 19, 2019, 09:17:15 PM
Hmm, no facility for attachments. Bummer.
Yes. It keeps the site database down in size and prevents it from being used for abusive data file transfers.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

True story. One of my sons frequented a website (I don't know which) where someone asked for screen shots. One of the members posted their screenshot, and one of the folders was labeled "Shemale Vids". Now, I don't care about people's sexual preferences, but that person never posted again at that site. I was half tempted to make a desktop with all kinds of kinky folder titles and post it just for kicks, but didn't get around to it.  :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 20, 2019, 02:03:12 AM
True story. One of my sons frequented a website (I don't know which) where someone asked for screen shots. One of the members posted their screenshot, and one of the folders was labeled "Shemale Vids". Now, I don't care about people's sexual preferences, but that person never posted again at that site. I was half tempted to make a desktop with all kinds of kinky folder titles and post it just for kicks, but didn't get around to it.  :P

:lol:

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Mine used to be so clean now it's slowly becoming a mess again.

Davin

Mine is always a mess.

I keep deleting some of those shortcuts and thy keep coming back.

The other two screens have empty desktops.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Siz

3-screen set-up for me too. I've had this image as my desktop since I took it a decade ago on a dive trip in NZ - good times!

And here's the desktop/s in full work show-off mode (That's a laser scan image, not a photo on the left...):

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Bad Penny II

I've got my desktop to slide show pics I've taken and not to show icons, they're messy and inefficient.
Oh ye, I still use an XP (or earlier?) style quick launch menu and shun stuff like grouping icons, peek, and search thingo.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 06, 2020, 08:26:00 AM
I've got my desktop to slide show pics I've taken and not to show icons, they're messy and inefficient.
Oh ye, I still use an XP (or earlier?) style quick launch menu and shun stuff like grouping icons, peek, and search thingo.

You took that? That's a nice pic. :tellmemore:

Bluenose

I have a slide show of photos I took during my visit to the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeolvilton in 2016

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on February 07, 2020, 05:50:54 AM
I have a slide show of photos I took during my visit to the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeolvilton in 2016

Link doesn't work.  :(

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 07, 2020, 11:47:22 AM
Link doesn't work.  :(

Dang.  Looks fine here.  I'll see if I can fix it

---
edit: Is that any better?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on February 08, 2020, 12:56:56 AM