Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Weekend has finally started after a very long and intense week.

jumbojak

You should play some Zelda.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2019, 01:29:09 AM
You should play some Zelda.

Yeah, I really should.

*looks at a mountain of work to be done*

:sad sigh:

jumbojak

Sorry, it looks like I reminded you of a reason to be grumpy... :felix:

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2019, 07:47:09 PM
Sorry, it looks like I reminded you of a reason to be grumpy... :felix:

No, I'm too used to it to be grumpy. ;) 

Dark Lightning

Boneless leg of lamb on the rotisserie grill out back. Yummay!

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 08, 2019, 01:23:57 AM

With garlic-filled punctures and stitched with lardons? A bit of rosemary in the bone cavity can do no harm either.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

*drools*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 08, 2019, 06:07:59 AM

With garlic-filled punctures and stitched with lardons? A bit of rosemary in the bone cavity can do no harm either.

Got to none of that. We got behind schedule since time got away while I was cleaning the garage and then had to make a piece for the spit to ride on at the idler end. That piece seems to have gotten lost, somehow. We usually do put garlic cloves in the lamb, but not lardons. I don't like rosemary, so that's right out. It turned out to be tender enough to cut with a fork, which was just dumb luck in this case, I think. I think I'll stay away from using the pork fat, since I'm supposed to be watching my saturated fat intake, even though that added flavor would be great. On second thought, maybe I will try it on the next leg anyway. That's just got to make it taste better. YOLO, and it'll have many months to wear off before my next cholesterol check.  ;D

Tank

I had a little scare a year or so back back. I went to the Doc and told them that my memory was not as good as it used to be. Not an issue as I'm not getting any younger. So the Dr gave me a memory test which I passed with flying colours, according to him. So I thought nothing of it. Things continued to deteriorate, slowly. So I went again and they did the same test, and again I passed with flying colours. But this time I pointed out that the test was no good as I passed based on long term memory not short term memory which I was having issues with. So the Doc referred my for a brain scan. The results showed a physical anomaly so I was referred to a  memory clinic. Did a few hours of detailed cognitive tests and got the results yesterday. Turns out I have probably had the physical anomaly all my life which has been the probable cause of the very mild dyslexia that I appear to have.

So why am I cheerful? There was a clean bill of health as far as pathogenic brain deterioration is concerned. My worries were essential me noticing a change from a very high performing situation to one a little above average. So I'm feeling quite relieved that I'm not going Gaga!

It has also given me an insight into how anxiety can effect short term memory, a brain flooded with cortisol is not functioning optimally. As a result I will be having a word  with my boss and HR next week with regard to my working environment which could well improve matters greatly.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

That knowledge is good news. Plus it might get your boss off your back a little? I don't know about you, but I've had to suffer under some real hellions in my time.

Magdalena

Tank, if you're happy, I'm happy.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 10, 2019, 03:16:14 PM
That knowledge is good news. Plus it might get your boss off your back a little? I don't know about you, but I've had to suffer under some real hellions in my time.

Oh I have too! My current boss is actually one of the better ones. But he is a bugger for 'job creep' but not 'wage creep'!  >:(