News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Would you buy this car?

Started by Tank, January 12, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 14, 2017, 06:53:57 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2017, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 14, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
Black is black and sparkles are anathema.
Right so dark black and matt.
Chrome trim?
Can you do  black chrome?
Of course :)
And black sparkles?

Or am I just cherry picking the bits I want?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on January 14, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 14, 2017, 06:53:57 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 14, 2017, 04:47:48 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 14, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
Black is black and sparkles are anathema.
Right so dark black and matt.
Chrome trim?
Can you do  black chrome?
Of course :)
And black sparkles?

Or am I just cherry picking the bits I want?
I think the point is to cherry pick.
Everybody does it.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Recusant

Other features of the invisible car: It's more powerful than you can imagine, so powerful that it can even create its own universe. It's also equipped with the patented Moral Compass™ which, because it points in pretty much whatever direction you want it to if you look at it just right, allows you to justify whatever literally gawdawful moral judgement you like. It's some car, if you can convince yourself it exists.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Sir another impressive feature of this car is it's ego amplifier. The amplifier connects owners together so their collective ego if amplified. Owners feel a massive sense of well being while diving the car.

xSilverPhinx

Does it ever break or need periodical maintenance?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 15, 2017, 01:44:26 PM

Guessing it needs recharging at least once a week, whether you use it everyday or not! I have heard of some that need charging several times a day - hope it isn't one of those.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Of course not. It is always perfect in every way.

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on January 15, 2017, 04:50:12 PM

Guessing it needs recharging at least once a week, whether you use it everyday or not! I have heard of some that need charging several times a day - hope it isn't one of those.
It does not require recharging sir. It runs on Holy Spirit which is always available under all circumstances.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2017, 08:41:07 PM
It runs on Holy Spirit which is always available under all circumstances.

:mb lol: So there is a ghost in the machine, hey?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 15, 2017, 11:47:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 15, 2017, 08:41:07 PM
It runs on Holy Spirit which is always available under all circumstances.

:mb lol: So there is a ghost in the machine, hey?
Angels dear, angels.

Firebird

Can I trade it in for something newer later on?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on January 16, 2017, 04:13:29 PM
Can I trade it in for something newer later on?
No need sir. The car adapts automatically to your desires. It can be a sports car one moment and a family van the next. Not that there are any kids where you'll be using it. And no sex either.

Skeptik

I bought that car for 25+ years.
Of course I was taught from birth that it was the only car there was and that if you didn't buy that car, you would be tortured for eternity.
The certainty with which I know another man's religion is folly makes me suspect my own is also - Mark Twain

Dear Religion,
Today we safely brought a man back from outer space, while you shot a child in the face for wanting to go to school.
Sincerely,
Science

Tank

Quote from: Skeptik on January 30, 2017, 06:20:01 AM
I bought that car for 25+ years.
Of course I was taught from birth that it was the only car there was and that if you didn't buy that car, you would be tortured for eternity.
Well you sold it in the end.