News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

We're Number One! Er...uh...Two!!

Started by fyv0h, September 15, 2011, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyv0h

"In a regular poll conducted by political scientists Robert Putnam and David Campbell on American political attitudes, atheists recently lost their spot as as the most disliked group in America to the Tea Party."

We're losing ground, people. We must eat more babies!! We're slightly better than *gasp* uberconservative Christians in what American Christians call "a Christian nation."

And for reference: http://www.alternet.org/belief/152395/10_myths_many_religious_people_hold_about_atheists,_debunked
Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Davin

Maybe we should also go around hating people for really lame reasons too. I'm thinking that we start protesting about how the FSM hates America and is punishing it because too many people hate fags. That people that believe in god are destroying America. And that every natural disaster is a sentient Mother Nature trying to cleanse herself of religious people.

I think that would put atheists back on top.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Stevil

fyv0h

Quote from: Stevil on September 15, 2011, 07:48:05 PM
Do Westbro not rank?

I thought they changed their name to "Tea Party." Have I been wrong all along?? Was it not Perry and Bachmann holding those anti-gay signs? I distinctly remember Bachmann saying the hurricane and east coast quake were messages from God. I guess I just assumed she was referencing God's disdain for gays and blacks and muslims and atheist and poor people.

لا إله

Sandra Craft

Quote from: fyv0h on September 15, 2011, 05:15:52 PM
"In a regular poll conducted by political scientists Robert Putnam and David Campbell on American political attitudes, atheists recently lost their spot as as the most disliked group in America to the Tea Party."

You have no idea how happy this makes me -- I was so hoping the Tea Baggers had finally gone too far and now it looks like they have!   ;D  Where's that dancing banana when I need it?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: fyv0h on September 15, 2011, 11:57:36 PM
...and poor people.
Well, god's kid allegedly tried to be nice to the poor... And daddy got his ass crucified. Coincidence..?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

you could always try burning a few American flags, film it and post it on youtube, reckon that'd do the trick. Otherwise babies do taste good if cooked on a spit over an open flame with a bit of salt and pepper and an apricot in their mouth! Baby recipes is the sort of thing we atheists talk about online isn't it?!?!

Xjeepguy

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 16, 2011, 12:51:39 PM
Baby recipes is the sort of thing we atheists talk about online isn't it?!?!

Just need a food processor and some nachos!!
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

fyv0h

Quote from: Asmodean on September 16, 2011, 08:32:00 AM
Quote from: fyv0h on September 15, 2011, 11:57:36 PM
...and poor people.
Well, god's kid allegedly tried to be nice to the poor... And daddy got his ass crucified. Coincidence..?  ???

Not at all, the little turd was messing with God's profit...

لا إله

Whitney

What confuses me is why are the Republicans supporting Tea Party candidates when it is well known that the majority of Americans don't like the tea party?  It's like they want to lose...

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Whitney on September 16, 2011, 02:09:40 PM
What confuses me is why are the Republicans supporting Tea Party candidates when it is well known that the majority of Americans don't like the tea party?  It's like they want to lose...
I'm guessing it's probably because they're thick. If they were a little bit smarter they'd realise that.

Davin

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 16, 2011, 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: Whitney on September 16, 2011, 02:09:40 PM
I'm guessing it's probably because they're thick. If they were a little bit smarter they'd realise that.
They have god on their side, god wants them to win (unless they don't win, then god wanted to teach them a lesson), so no matter how slim their chances of winning look, god can make people vote republican/tea party. Plus, it shows how persicuted Christians are.

I do say Christians mainly because the majority of Republicans and Tea Party people are Christian... at least according some poll I saw a while back that I no longer have the link for.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sweetdeath

Whatever, i'm moving to a less crazy religious country in the next five years anyway. >__>
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

fyv0h

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 17, 2011, 01:27:48 AM
Whatever, i'm moving to a less crazy religious country in the next five years anyway. >__>

*sigh* someday I shall do the same. Somewhere less religious and with a better variety of beer.

لا إله

Sweetdeath

Quote from: fyv0h on September 17, 2011, 01:34:02 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 17, 2011, 01:27:48 AM

*sigh* someday I shall do the same. Somewhere less religious and with a better variety of beer.

Sounds good!  :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.