News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should We Talk About The Government

Started by Bad Penny II, April 30, 2016, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

A year ago we had an operator, before that we a cunt, we have a bastard now.
I can't help thinking it's the time of the buffoon, we should get ourselves one.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

Don't you love it when the guy that has been the underminer, when the champion wrecker gets the top job and declares there should be no more division.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on July 27, 2019, 03:05:01 PM
A year ago we had an operator, before that we a cunt, we have a bastard now.
I can't help thinking it's the time of the buffoon, we should get ourselves one.

Hmmmm. Maybe we can transport Bo Jo down there :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

The blokes in charge here are being the dull bastards you'd expect them to be.

Ecurb Noselrub

Biden is getting stuff done.  I hope he keeps it up and can turn the pandemic and the economy around.  Of course, he is governing Americans, so that's not in his favor.

Tom62

The CDU of Angela Merkel got a big beating yesterday in the local elections. The reasons for their big loss were obvious. People are extremely angry, because the CDU handles the Covid-19 pandemic very poorly.  Also, several CPU politicians enriched themselves during the pandemic, by taking money from masks suppliers. So, the the letter "C" no longer stands for "Christian" but for "Corruption". Good news was, that the AfD populist party also lost a lot of votes. I'm not a big fan of that party either, because their leaders are very creepy ultra right wing people. The big winner of the election was the Green party.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 15, 2021, 12:57:14 AM
Biden is getting stuff done.  I hope he keeps it up and can turn the pandemic and the economy around.  Of course, he is governing Americans, so that's not in his favor.

his big problem is one that he' s ignoring, which is that while he is in power now with a democrat house and senate, the republicans are playing the long game and are working hard to suppress democrrat voting in the next election, and to gerrymanders the districts for beyond that. . they can't win elections on an even footing, so they're doing everything they can to steal them.

if the republicans win one more seat in the senate, his further progress will be stalled.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

The senate is 50/50, there is no Dem control there. And yes, the Republicans are just doing the dirt instead of working for the US.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Marjorie Taylor Greene has herself a challenger.  I hope he's macho enough and vet enough to pull in whatever rational votes remain on the Right.  We'll need those since the Progressive Left is already bitching that he's a moderate.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

It seems like a lot of people listen to the loud mouth on the microphone and just follow without checking other sources for information, especially reliable ones.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

It appears that the sergeant is entirely capable of going toe to toe with Marjorie Greene.. 

Tom62

Quote from: Randy on March 16, 2021, 12:57:14 AM
It seems like a lot of people listen to the loud mouth on the microphone and just follow without checking other sources for information, especially reliable ones.

Are there any reliable sources left? I really have problems finding news outlets that are objective and brings me facts instead of opinions.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Randy

Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2021, 12:19:42 PM
Quote from: Randy on March 16, 2021, 12:57:14 AM

Are there any reliable sources left? I really have problems finding news outlets that are objective and brings me facts instead of opinions.
Now that you mention it and I subsequently think about it I don't know if there is. I'd like to say NPR but it's been a while since I've listened to it. All the others seem to care about what is sensational for the time.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

CNN-- left wing bias, honest

Fox- right wing bias, lies

AP-- left-centrist

Reuters & UPI-- centrist

got to look at everything and generate an average, really

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."